Pregnant Women Infected With Toxoplasmosis Can Infect The Fetus?
Toxoplasma parasite can be transmitted from mother to child and cause extremely dangerous complications, damaging the baby's immune system.
What is Toxoplasma parasite?
Toxoplasma is a parasite in hot-blooded animals such as cats, birds ... They penetrate into the human body mainly by the digestive tract and affect most organs of the body, of which, vulnerable The most injured are the brain and the muscular system. Therefore, infection with Toxoplasma parasite is very dangerous.
Toxoplasma parasite has a development cycle including 2 stages:
- The reproductive stage when Toxoplasma is parasitic on the body of cats or birds
- Asexual phase can occur in warm-blooded animals, including humans.
Toxoplasma parasite can parasitize many animals but cats are considered the main host
Humans are infected with Toxoplasma parasites mainly through the gastrointestinal tract and attack most organs. Because of the very large number of cats, the risk of Toxoplasma infection is huge. About a quarter of the world's population is exposed to at least one exposure to this parasite.
The route of infection of the Toxoplasma parasite
Cysts of Toxoplasma parasite follow feces of cats go out into the environment. When you come into contact with contaminated soil, water, or food, there is a risk of Toxoplasma infection.
Humans can become infected with Toxoplasma parasites through several ways, such as:
- Eat raw meat, raw or undercooked food, especially pork and lamb
- Eat fruit or vegetables that have not been washed
- Mother infected with Toxoplasma transmitted to the fetus
- Contact with contaminated soil or mother water, containing Toxoplasma follicles
Toxoplasma parasite can enter the fetus when it enters the mother's body
How is Toxoplasma parasite transmitted from mother to child?
A mother infected with Toxoplasma parasite has a high risk of infecting the fetus. The path of infection is through the placenta
No studies have confirmed that Toxoplasma parasite can be transmitted through breast milk. Most diseases are only transmitted to children when the mother is first infected during pregnancy, very rarely the second child is infected.
Is pregnant mother infected with Toxoplasma parasite?
For healthy people, have a good immune system, Toxoplasma parasite is not dangerous because the immune system can resist the onset of Toxoplasma and patients who are infected, but have no symptoms of concern. Some infected people will have lymph nodes in the neck, neck but the lymph nodes will go away on their own after about 6 weeks.
However, the Toxoplasma parasite for pregnant women is extremely dangerous. If the mother is infected with the Toxoplasma parasite about 6 months before pregnancy, the risk of transmitting the disease to the fetus is very high. However, there are still many children who are not infected or infected but have no symptoms.
In addition, many cases of Toxoplasma infection will cause the fetus to have congenital infection and risk of eye, heart, brain, blood disorders and developmental delays.
There are even many cases of stillbirth due to infection. The earlier the time of infection, the more severe the disease will affect fetal development.
If the mother is infected with Toxoplasma but gives birth to a healthy, normal baby without any symptoms, she should also monitor the baby's development because the symptoms of the disease will be evident at this stage. . Early detection to give timely treatment helps your baby to develop comprehensively.
Symptoms of infection with Toxoplasma parasite
Toxoplasma infection often has no characteristic manifestations, even without any external manifestations. However, some infected people may experience the following signs:
Fever may be one of the manifestations of Toxoplasma infection
- Muscle fatigue
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Mild fever
- Sore throat
These symptoms are easy to confuse with regular flu so it's hard to detect. These symptoms can develop in two different directions:
The disease does not progress, symptoms will subside and disappear
Parasites multiply and cause many manifestations in organs such as eyes, brain, heart .
.. This trend often occurs in young children, the elderly and people with immunodeficiency.
Diagnosis of infection with Toxoplasma parasite
Early diagnosis is the optimal method of protecting the fetus to avoid the risk of complications when the mother is infected with the Toxoplasma parasite. Methods for diagnosing this pathology include:
If the doctor suspects that the mother is infected, a blood test will be done to check for antibodies to the parasite. In the case of a positive test, the mother should also be re-determined by a laboratory test specializing in diagnosing Toxoplasma infection.
After two tests will help confirm whether the mother is infected or not to offer timely treatment.
Tests for the fetus
If the mother is determined to be infected with Tox parasite.
. Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...