Pregnant Women Should Choose Drugs Against Nausea?
Up to 90% of pregnant women experience vomiting or nausea during the first months of pregnancy. After that, about 50% of women will gradually reduce these symptoms by 14 weeks of pregnancy, but still about 10% of women will continue to vomit or nausea after 20 weeks of pregnancy, even some very few of them still vomit until the day of birth.
This situation lasts for mothers who cannot eat and drink and directly affects their health. So should anti-emetic drugs be used during pregnancy? The following article will answer the questions of mother and give some solutions to help mothers limit this morning sickness.
What is morning sickness syndrome?
This is one of the most common pregnancy conditions that almost every woman experiences. Morning sickness is a physiological phenomenon that causes pregnant women to feel nauseous and uncomfortable, accompanied by vomiting. Symptoms of nausea and vomiting often occur early in the morning, so they are also called morning sickness. But in some cases, nausea and vomiting occur in different time frames and even last up to the whole day
Morning sickness is the most common condition in pregnancy
Morning sickness occurs?
According to statistics, nearly 90% of women will experience morning sickness in early pregnancy.
Specifically, morning sickness will occur around 5 to 6 weeks of pregnancy and will gradually decrease around 12-14 weeks of pregnancy.
In some unfortunate cases, if the morning sickness is severe, the pregnant women will have to endure this unpleasant feeling until the day of birth.
Causes of morning sickness during pregnancy
The main cause of morning sickness in pregnant women is due to hormonal changes inside the body. Gland hormones are produced in double amounts within 48-72 hours. In particular, signs of increase will occur rapidly throughout pregnancy.
Symptoms and signs of morning sickness
Depending on the severity of morning sickness, women will have similar and different symptoms and signs.
Mild morning sickness
In this case, nausea and vomiting will usually appear in the morning, after eating or even on an empty stomach
However, if at a low level, the mother can still eat and drink a number of things and when vomiting occurs, she still retains the food in the body.
Severe morning sickness
Severe morning sickness or morning sickness is a more severe form of regular nausea and vomiting and occurs only in about 1% of women, which can last throughout pregnancy. For pregnant women with morning sickness, there are often the following symptoms:
- The feeling of nausea lasts and occurs at any time
- Constipation during the day, food in the stomach is thrown out
- Weight loss during pregnancy
- Can't eat anything
- The body is dehydrated
- Constantly feeling tired, dizzy
Severe morning sickness can last throughout pregnancy
Does morning sickness affect the fetus?
If the woman only has mild nausea and vomiting, it will not cause too much harm to herself and the fetus. However, this can make you dehydrated and it may be difficult to gain weight, which will affect the weight of the fetus. Even losing too much water will lead to the risk of disorders of the thyroid, liver or amniotic fluid.
In the case of prolonged severe vomiting, the mother can not eat anything to prevent the body from getting the necessary nutrition, leading to a debilitating condition. More dangerously, the pregnant mother may need to be hospitalized for treatment.
Which pregnant women are prone to vomiting?
As noted above, morning sickness usually occurs in about 1% of women and is in the following risk groups:
- History of past vomiting syndrome in previous pregnancies
- Women with twins or twins
- Obese and overweight women
- First pregnancy
Methods for reducing pregnancy vomiting do not use the drug
Before you have to use medicine to treat, pregnant women can refer to some methods to help reduce morning sickness safely.
Ginger works to reduce stomach cramps and increase bowel motility to help reduce symptoms of nausea and vomiting. Experts rated 1,000mg of ginger powder equivalent to 10mg of metoclopramide as an effective antiemetic and ginger did not cause any side effects or effects on the health of mothers and babies.
Using ginger can reduce morning sickness symptoms
Supplement prenatal vitamins
During morning sickness, pregnant women can use multivitamins that contain vitamin B or folic acid to help with morning sickness. In addition, these vitamins also support the supply of nutrients along with a scientific diet to improve the health of pregnant women and the fetus.
Gargle often if your mouth has lots of saliva
Avoid swallowing too much saliva because it can increase the symptoms of vomiting for mothers. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- The World Health Organization has warned of an antibiotic crisis, meaning that antibiotics will become more and more useless due to drug-resistant bacteria. We could soon run out of all new antibiotics and start dying from infections that we learned to treat 100 years ago. The catastrophe could be ...According to Assoc. Dr. Tran Dac Phu, complicated changes of pathogens caused by viruses and bacteria are the cause of many diseases (especially in the summer) in many countries, including Vietnam. Mr. Phu shared, besides the diseases that have been eliminated, such as smallpox, polio, neonatal ...According to Assoc. On the one hand, acknowledging the results achieved in the prevention of epidemics in Vietnam over the past time, Mr. Tran Dac Phu still expressed his concern about the constant change of viruses and bacteria, especially in summer time. Hot weather combined with other factors ...Avoid going outdoors when the sun is hot in the middle of the day, trying to drink enough water with little other feeling, wear anti-glare glasses ... are things the elderly should pay attention to during the dry season to limit the risk of stroke. Lan Lan () Lan Lan () According to the search key: ...80% of the population suffers from life back problems, low back pain is the most common cause of disability in the world. Le Nguyen (Theo Visually) According to theNew US research shows that divorced people are at a higher risk of heart attack than groups of the same age who are maintaining marriage. Photo: BBC. The study, published in the journal Circulation, argues that the chronic stress caused by divorce has long-term effects on a person's overall health. ...Passive smoking increases the risk of gum disease by 62%, according to new research by the University of North Carolina scientists. The above results are drawn after analyzing the medical records of more than 3,000 non-smokers aged 20. Volunteers are given oral examination and blood samples are ...Scientists have taken breathing air samples from hundreds of patients to analyze the chemical integration, helping to detect the potential risk of stomach cancer. Stomach cancer can be detected early through the breath. Photo: BBC. According to the BBC, stomach cancer affects about 7,300 people in ...Avoid spicy and sour foods until the sores heal. You can rinse your mouth with warm, thin salt water 2 times a day. An oral ulcer can be a manifestation of many diseases such as canker sores (often referred to as canker sores), ulcers caused by the herpes virus, ulcers caused by bacteria that cause ...Sunstroke, boils, diarrhea, malaria ... are children's diseases that can be encountered in the summer and you can completely help prevent them in a number of simple and effective ways. Sun stroke Summer can be great for kids because it's not learning and just having fun makes them excited. Children ...