Prevention, Identification And Treatment Of Rickets In Children
Children with rickets are due to vitamin D deficiency, which affects the absorption and metabolism of calcium and phosphorus. The disease is common in children under 3 years old.
The main reason is due to lack of sunlight, due to excessive abstinence and a diet poor in calcium - phosphorus; Children who are not breastfed are more likely to develop rickets than breastfed babies. Rickets will deform the skeleton.
Signs that a child has rickets
- Babies often cry, sleep, or startle, sweating when sleeping.
- Hair loss occurs behind the nape of the neck forming a donut.
- Symptoms in the bone: broad fontanel, soft fontanel, long fontanel, with top tumors, goiter (prominent forehead), flatheaded catfish.
- Cases of severe rickets have sequelae: ribs, chicken breasts, ankles, wrists, X-shaped, O-shaped legs
- Teething slowly, muscle tone, constipation.
- Delayed development of movement: slow to stumble, crawl, walk, stand ...
- In case of acute rickets: children may have seizures due to hypocalcaemia.
- Premature babies, giving birth to twins.
- Babies fed with cow's milk.
- Young too plump
- Babies born in the winter.
Differentiate rickets and stunting
Stunted children: children who are malnourished, have lower weight and height measurements than normal children, can also include rickets or not. Rickets: can be seen in very plump children, due to higher demand for calcium, phosphorus than normal children.
What to do when a child has rickets?
- Daily sunbathing: expose your baby's legs, hands, back, and abdomen for 10-15 minutes in the morning (before 9am). In the winter, there is no sunshine for children to take electric bath in physiotherapy department at hospitals.
Under the skin, there is a pre-vitamin D of 7 dehydrocholesterol, which is activated by ultraviolet rays of sunlight, the pro-vitamin will be converted into vitamin D. Vitamin D works to regulate metabolism and absorption of calcium phosphorus, the sun must be shone directly on the skin to work, if through the fabric will be very little effect.
- Give children vitamin D 4000 UI / day for 4 - 8 weeks, in case of children with pneumonia, diarrhea need to increase the dose of 5,000 - 10,000 UI / day for 1 month, or give children vitamin D 200,000 UI / drink, Repeated injection 3 months in the first year.
- Give children more calcium preparations such as calcium B1 - B2 - B6: 1 - 2 tubes / day, older children can eat calcium nuggets 1-2 teaspoons / day.
- Breastfeeding; Eat foods that contain lots of calcium: milk, crab, shrimp, fish in daily meals (need to eliminate the concept that children eat bone, chicken leg bone will prevent rickets).
- Add grease to children's daily meals: because vitamin D is an oil-soluble type, if the diet lacks fat, even if taking vitamin D, children will not be able to absorb it, so they still get rickets.
Prevention of rickets for children
- When pregnant mothers have to work reasonably to avoid premature birth, vitamin D can be taken at 7 months of pregnancy: 600,000UI / 3 weeks, 200,000UI weekly.
- After birth, both mother and baby should not be in a dark and closed room, in a cool and well-lit room.
- After 2 weeks of birth, let the children sunbathe for 15-20 minutes / day in the morning (before 9 o'clock).
- Give your child vitamin D 400UI / day during the first year especially in the winter.
- When children eat supplements: feed children with foods that are high in calcium such as milk, eggs, shrimp, crabs, fish, greens and grease..
. Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- The World Health Organization has warned of an antibiotic crisis, meaning that antibiotics will become more and more useless due to drug-resistant bacteria. We could soon run out of all new antibiotics and start dying from infections that we learned to treat 100 years ago. The catastrophe could be ...According to Assoc. Dr. Tran Dac Phu, complicated changes of pathogens caused by viruses and bacteria are the cause of many diseases (especially in the summer) in many countries, including Vietnam. Mr. Phu shared, besides the diseases that have been eliminated, such as smallpox, polio, neonatal ...According to Assoc. On the one hand, acknowledging the results achieved in the prevention of epidemics in Vietnam over the past time, Mr. Tran Dac Phu still expressed his concern about the constant change of viruses and bacteria, especially in summer time. Hot weather combined with other factors ...Avoid going outdoors when the sun is hot in the middle of the day, trying to drink enough water with little other feeling, wear anti-glare glasses ... are things the elderly should pay attention to during the dry season to limit the risk of stroke. Lan Lan () Lan Lan () According to the search key: ...80% of the population suffers from life back problems, low back pain is the most common cause of disability in the world. Le Nguyen (Theo Visually) According to theNew US research shows that divorced people are at a higher risk of heart attack than groups of the same age who are maintaining marriage. Photo: BBC. The study, published in the journal Circulation, argues that the chronic stress caused by divorce has long-term effects on a person's overall health. ...Passive smoking increases the risk of gum disease by 62%, according to new research by the University of North Carolina scientists. The above results are drawn after analyzing the medical records of more than 3,000 non-smokers aged 20. Volunteers are given oral examination and blood samples are ...Scientists have taken breathing air samples from hundreds of patients to analyze the chemical integration, helping to detect the potential risk of stomach cancer. Stomach cancer can be detected early through the breath. Photo: BBC. According to the BBC, stomach cancer affects about 7,300 people in ...Avoid spicy and sour foods until the sores heal. You can rinse your mouth with warm, thin salt water 2 times a day. An oral ulcer can be a manifestation of many diseases such as canker sores (often referred to as canker sores), ulcers caused by the herpes virus, ulcers caused by bacteria that cause ...Sunstroke, boils, diarrhea, malaria ... are children's diseases that can be encountered in the summer and you can completely help prevent them in a number of simple and effective ways. Sun stroke Summer can be great for kids because it's not learning and just having fun makes them excited. Children ...