Remedies For Pelvic Ligament Pain For Pregnant Women
Pelvic ligament pain is a condition that many pregnant women encounter. Find out the causes and remedies to improve this situation, giving you a sense of comfort throughout pregnancy.
What is round ligament pain?
The circular ligament is two bands of connective tissue located on either side of the uterus. They perform the function of connecting the uterus to the women's groin and pubic area. During pregnancy, the uterus grows larger and larger, causing the round ligament to expand to accommodate the growing fetus
When the fetus is older, the mother's belly will be full. Every step, every activity of the mother can cause the round ligament to contract and cause pain. Typically, this condition occurs only in pregnant women
According to experts, up to 10 - 30% of women experience pain in the round ligament and often hurt in the lower abdomen or groin. These pain usually begin to appear in the third trimester.
Ligament pain is a normal physiological phenomenon due to changes in the mother's body during pregnancy. It is not dangerous or affect the health of the mother and fetus, so the mother does not need to be too worried.
Ligament pain is a normal physiological phenomenon in pregnant women
Common ligament pain is common
The same is a round ligament pain but there are many conditions divided into stages and degrees, including:
- Painful tendon ligament during pregnancy
- Pain in the lower ligament during pregnancy
- Painful tendon ligament in the first 3 months of pregnancy
- Ligament weakness in pregnant women
- Pelvic tendon pain during pregnancy
- Weak ligament
The reason why pregnant women have pain in the round ligament
Pelvic ligament pain is a normal physiological change in pregnant women and does not significantly affect health. This condition usually disappears after birth, when the uterus has shrunk to normal size.
The main cause of circular ligament pain is the development of the fetus, increasing the pressure on the ligament, causing them to expand rapidly, affecting the nerves and causing pain
In addition, some of the following movements of the pregnant mother also make the pain more obvious:
- Roll back and forth when lying down
- Sitting up suddenly
- Coughing, sneezing
- Laughing loudly and causing tenderness in round ligaments also
- Some other strong movements such as carrying heavy objects .
What do pregnant women need to do to reduce tendon pain?
Pain in the round ligament is a condition that the pregnant mother cannot avoid and cannot cure. However, mothers can reduce the frequency and severity of pain by the following measures:
- When lying down, lie on your side and bend your knees. Ideally, a pillow should be placed between the legs and the lower abdomen
- In case of changing position or posture, it should be changed slowly, not abruptly
- Use heat packs to reduce pain
- Soaking in a warm bath not only supports pain relief but also helps her relax and ease
- Practicing yoga is also a good way to improve health while limiting ligament pain
- If the mother is pregnant, she can use a support belt
Spending more time resting, less sudden movement to reduce round tendon pain is the experience of many pregnant women so mom can apply. If the pain is severe and does not improve, you should see a doctor.
Lying on your left side is the best sleeping position for a pregnant mother
When to see a doctor?
Painful round ligament usually does not affect the health of the pregnant mother and will disappear after birth. However, there are some cases where the mother is not subjective, she must immediately seek medical attention if there are signs below:
Abdominal pain persists and does not go away even if you change positions
There is a burning sensation when using the toilet
The urine is cloudy and has an abnormal odor
The uterus contracts early
Vaginal fluid changes and changes erratically
Feeling of nausea, vomiting
Fever or chills
Access is difficult
Feeling of pelvic pressure under great pressure
Pregnant women need to see a doctor right after having the above signs, do not be underestimated because they can affect the health of both mother and child.
These signs are not only a sign of a round ligament pain but they can alert many dangerous risks such as:
- Urinary tract infections
- Young placenta
- Premature birth
- Sexually transmitted diseases
Effective treatment for sore ligament pain
Pain in the ligament is a normal physiological phenomenon in pregnant women due to changes in the size of the uterus during pregnancy, putting pressure on the round ligament. This condition usually has no major effect on the health of the mother and will disappear after the baby is born.
However, pregnant women also need measures to treat ligament pain so that they no longer feel uncomfortable and also help minimize the risk of complications for both mother and fetus.
If you feel abdominal pain with fever, chills, pregnant women should see a doctor immediately
Take the following measures to improve the pain of a round ligament:
See a doctor
If the tendon pain sometimes appears, there is nothing to worry about, but if they show the following symptoms, I need to see a doctor immediately:
- Prolonged pain accompanied by bleeding
- Abdominal cramps
- Fever, chills. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...