Risk Of Blindness Due To Diabetes
Decreased or loss of vision, though not fatal, affects greatly the quality of life and working capacity of the patient.
- High blood sugar causes damage, destroys capillaries in the fundus, affects the permeability of these capillaries, resulting in the fluid released from the lumen, causing bleeding and edema.
- The capillaries themselves are destroyed and clogged causing anemia in the retina, then the body will react to generate a number of factors that stimulate the formation of new capillaries that thrive both in the back room ( glass compartment).
- These new blood vessels are very fragile and often cause heavy bleeding from an early stage that translates the vitreous. New blood vessels also cause fibrous scars in the retina, and during scarring, they can shrink, causing retinal detachment and permanent vision loss
- Consequences of macular edema, cataract, retinal detachment ..
- Depending on the degree of damage to the blood vessels in the retina, it is divided into retinopathy in patients with diabetes in two early stages: retinopathy without proliferation (new blood vessels) and late retinopathy Proliferative hyperplasia (new capillaries are available).
- It is especially dangerous that most people with diabetes do not experience any eye symptoms until suddenly they lose their sight. At that time, even though treatment is very active and expensive, the ability to preserve vision is very small, most patients will be permanently blind.
- Therefore, diabetics need to have regular eye exams, preferably every 6 months and be examined by an eye specialist.
- People with diabetes are 1.4 times more likely to suffer from celestial dysfunction, this risk will increase in patients who are old and have long diabetes.
- Celestial constipation in one or both eyes occurs when the pressure in the eye increases and in most cases, the vitreous fluid will be drained out
High pressure puts pressure on blood vessels that feed the retina and optic nerve (nerve number I), resulting in damage to the retina and nerves causing vision loss.
- Patients with celestial dysfunction often have many symptoms of headache, especially severe pain in the eye sockets, intraocular pressure is often very high.
- Cataracts are a common disease in people without diabetes, especially in the elderly.
- However, people with diabetes are 1.6 times more likely to develop cataracts and cataracts appear at a younger age.
Cataracts sometimes occur in young type 1 diabetics and progress quickly, usually after a period of poor blood sugar control.
- Severe cataracts will prevent light from passing through, causing impaired vision, and also make it difficult to detect and detect retinopathy in diabetic patients because it is difficult to observe the fundus and back room.
How to avoid complications?
- First and foremost, always keep a patient's blood sugar in a safe area.
- Need to control your blood pressure regularly at <130 / 80mmHg.
- Quitting smoking habit.
- Need to see an eye doctor regularly, at least 1 time per year and see an eye specialist immediately if you see one or more of the following signs: blurred vision, difficulty reading books, double vision, pain 1 or Both eyes, red eyes or tight eyes, see images of flies, do not see clearly to the sides but normally you can still see and when you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, you need to have a full health examination. area that includes visual inspection.. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...