Risk Of Blindness Due To Diabetes
Decreased or loss of vision, though not fatal, affects greatly the quality of life and working capacity of the patient.
- High blood sugar causes damage, destroys capillaries in the fundus, affects the permeability of these capillaries, resulting in the fluid released from the lumen, causing bleeding and edema.
- The capillaries themselves are destroyed and clogged causing anemia in the retina, then the body will react to generate a number of factors that stimulate the formation of new capillaries that thrive both in the back room ( glass compartment).
- These new blood vessels are very fragile and often cause heavy bleeding from an early stage that translates the vitreous. New blood vessels also cause fibrous scars in the retina, and during scarring, they can shrink, causing retinal detachment and permanent vision loss.
- Consequences of macular edema, cataract, retinal detachment ..
- Depending on the degree of damage to the blood vessels in the retina, it is divided into retinopathy in patients with diabetes in two early stages: retinopathy without proliferation (new blood vessels) and late retinopathy Proliferative hyperplasia (new capillaries are available).
- It is especially dangerous that most people with diabetes do not experience any eye symptoms until suddenly they lose their sight. At that time, even though treatment is very active and expensive, the ability to preserve vision is very small, most patients will be permanently blind.
- Therefore, diabetics need to have regular eye exams, preferably every 6 months and be examined by an eye specialist.
- People with diabetes are 1.4 times more likely to suffer from celestial dysfunction, this risk will increase in patients who are old and have long diabetes.
- Celestial constipation in one or both eyes occurs when the pressure in the eye increases and in most cases, the vitreous fluid will be drained out
High pressure puts pressure on blood vessels that feed the retina and optic nerve (nerve number I), resulting in damage to the retina and nerves causing vision loss.
- Patients with celestial dysfunction often have many symptoms of headache, especially severe pain in the eye sockets, intraocular pressure is often very high.
- Cataracts are a common disease in people without diabetes, especially in the elderly.
- However, people with diabetes are 1.6 times more likely to develop cataracts and cataracts appear at a younger age.
Cataracts sometimes occur in young type 1 diabetics and progress quickly, usually after a period of poor blood sugar control.
- Severe cataracts will prevent light from passing through, causing impaired vision, and also make it difficult to detect and detect retinopathy in diabetic patients because it is difficult to observe the fundus and back room.
How to avoid complications?
- First and foremost, always keep a patient's blood sugar in a safe area.
- Need to control your blood pressure regularly at <130 / 80mmHg.
- Quitting smoking habit.
- Need to see an eye doctor regularly, at least 1 time per year and see an eye specialist immediately if you see one or more of the following signs: blurred vision, difficulty reading books, double vision, pain 1 or Both eyes, red eyes or tight eyes, see images of flies, do not see clearly to the sides but normally you can still see and when you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, you need to have a full health examination. area that includes visual inspection.. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- The World Health Organization has warned of an antibiotic crisis, meaning that antibiotics will become more and more useless due to drug-resistant bacteria. We could soon run out of all new antibiotics and start dying from infections that we learned to treat 100 years ago. The catastrophe could be ...According to Assoc. Dr. Tran Dac Phu, complicated changes of pathogens caused by viruses and bacteria are the cause of many diseases (especially in the summer) in many countries, including Vietnam. Mr. Phu shared, besides the diseases that have been eliminated, such as smallpox, polio, neonatal ...According to Assoc. On the one hand, acknowledging the results achieved in the prevention of epidemics in Vietnam over the past time, Mr. Tran Dac Phu still expressed his concern about the constant change of viruses and bacteria, especially in summer time. Hot weather combined with other factors ...Avoid going outdoors when the sun is hot in the middle of the day, trying to drink enough water with little other feeling, wear anti-glare glasses ... are things the elderly should pay attention to during the dry season to limit the risk of stroke. Lan Lan () Lan Lan () According to the search key: ...80% of the population suffers from life back problems, low back pain is the most common cause of disability in the world. Le Nguyen (Theo Visually) According to theNew US research shows that divorced people are at a higher risk of heart attack than groups of the same age who are maintaining marriage. Photo: BBC. The study, published in the journal Circulation, argues that the chronic stress caused by divorce has long-term effects on a person's overall health. ...Passive smoking increases the risk of gum disease by 62%, according to new research by the University of North Carolina scientists. The above results are drawn after analyzing the medical records of more than 3,000 non-smokers aged 20. Volunteers are given oral examination and blood samples are ...Scientists have taken breathing air samples from hundreds of patients to analyze the chemical integration, helping to detect the potential risk of stomach cancer. Stomach cancer can be detected early through the breath. Photo: BBC. According to the BBC, stomach cancer affects about 7,300 people in ...Avoid spicy and sour foods until the sores heal. You can rinse your mouth with warm, thin salt water 2 times a day. An oral ulcer can be a manifestation of many diseases such as canker sores (often referred to as canker sores), ulcers caused by the herpes virus, ulcers caused by bacteria that cause ...Sunstroke, boils, diarrhea, malaria ... are children's diseases that can be encountered in the summer and you can completely help prevent them in a number of simple and effective ways. Sun stroke Summer can be great for kids because it's not learning and just having fun makes them excited. Children ...