Semen is one of the most basic and indispensable tests when an infertile couple goes for a checkup. Through semen chart, one can preliminarily assess the ability of the husband, giving birth to the next test and suggesting a treatment.
Currently, some centers use semen analysis methods with computer support (CASA: Computer - Aided Semen Analysis).
However, with the standards set by the World Health Organization in 1993, traditional microscopy is still widely recognized and widely used, because it is highly accurate. Relatively high corpses
Analyze a sample of semen
In order not to affect the results, the test sample should be taken properly, after being brought to the laboratory, it will be assessed as a whole (visible to the naked eye) as well as a microscope (observed under a microscope). Because).
Semen samples are put into a laboratory and placed in an incubator to assess the lysis
If the sample does not dissolve or is incomplete, the prostate abnormality may be suspected (most often prostatitis).
After the sample has liquefied, other factors will be assessed, including semen volume and color. The semen is normally grayish white, slightly cloudy and homogeneous.
If the semen is yellow, it may be due to urine being collected during sampling or due to infection. Clear and diluted semen samples usually have little or even no sperm.
Sperm abnormalities may also suggest a number of abnormal causes. On average, the volume of a man's ejaculation is about 2ml
In addition, semen samples are assessed for pH.
Typically, semen is alkaline, with pH ranging from 7.2 to 8.4. In the absence of sperm with the test sample having a pH of 7, it may be due to vasectomy.
The sample after a general assessment will be observed under a microscope.
Observe the microscopic
The sample was evaluated for motility, sperm count / ml of semen, survival-to-death rate, presence of white blood cells and the proportion of spermatozoa that have normal shape.
- Sperm motility will be assessed under 40X objective. Depending on the speed of movement and people will be divided into 4 groups:
• A: Sperm moves forward, fast.
• B: Sperm moves forward, slowly.
• C: Sperm cell in place.
• D: Sperm is not moving.
- To calculate the number of sperm in a ml of semen, after diluting semen at an appropriate rate and making sperm immobile, a counting chamber is used, divided inside many small cells.
- Sperm shape will be observed at 100X objective, after being dyed by special method (Papanicolaou). Abnormalities may occur in the head, neck or tail of the sperm.
What is a normal semen analysis result?
The World Health Organization (WHO) has published the following normal semen analysis indicators:
- Semen volume> 2 ml
- Sperm concentration> 20 million sperm / ml.
- Sperm motility> 50% of motile sperm, or 25% of sperm motility is very fast.
- Sperm morphology> 15% has a normal shape (by very strict standards).
- Leukocytes <1 million leukocytes / ml. - Anti-sperm antibody <50% of sperm is coated with antibody antibody. The note when evaluating results - Sperm is created from spermatogenous cells, located in spermatogenous tubes of 2 testes. Once formed, sperm will move into the sperm crest. It is here that sperm maturation will be completed. Sperm from birth to maturity completely needs a period of 10 - 12 weeks. The semen every ejaculate includes: sperm and semen.
Semen is the secretions from the prostate (1/3 volume) and from the seminal vesicles (accounting for 2/3 of the rest). Just any abnormalities in the sperm or the glands mentioned above will affect the results of semen.
- The method of obtaining semen is correct, the time of abstinence from intercourse before taking the semen (3-5 days) and the time of analyzing the sample must be about 1 hour after taking the sample.
- If semen is abnormal, it should be done at least 2-3 times to evaluate, test and compare.
- The results and normal norm of semen of each laboratory in the hospitals are different, so the results may not be the same.
- To know a man's ability to have children cannot be based solely on semen results. Some people still have normal babies despite low or weak sperm count.
Conversely, normal semen cannot guarantee that a person can certainly have children.
To assess the ability to have children and how to treat, it is necessary to evaluate based on examination and test results of both spouses such as age, relationship time without using contraception, comorbidities. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...