Semen is one of the most basic and indispensable tests when an infertile couple goes for a checkup. Through semen chart, one can preliminarily assess the ability of the husband, giving birth to the next test and suggesting a treatment.
Currently, some centers use semen analysis methods with computer support (CASA: Computer - Aided Semen Analysis).
However, with the standards set by the World Health Organization in 1993, traditional microscopy is still widely recognized and widely used, because it is highly accurate. Relatively high corpses.
Analyze a sample of semen
In order not to affect the results, the test sample should be taken properly, after being brought to the laboratory, it will be assessed as a whole (visible to the naked eye) as well as a microscope (observed under a microscope). Because).
Semen samples are put into a laboratory and placed in an incubator to assess the lysis
If the sample does not dissolve or is incomplete, the prostate abnormality may be suspected (most often prostatitis).
After the sample has liquefied, other factors will be assessed, including semen volume and color. The semen is normally grayish white, slightly cloudy and homogeneous.
If the semen is yellow, it may be due to urine being collected during sampling or due to infection. Clear and diluted semen samples usually have little or even no sperm.
Sperm abnormalities may also suggest a number of abnormal causes. On average, the volume of a man's ejaculation is about 2ml
In addition, semen samples are assessed for pH.
Typically, semen is alkaline, with pH ranging from 7.2 to 8.4. In the absence of sperm with the test sample having a pH of 7, it may be due to vasectomy.
The sample after a general assessment will be observed under a microscope.
Observe the microscopic
The sample was evaluated for motility, sperm count / ml of semen, survival-to-death rate, presence of white blood cells and the proportion of spermatozoa that have normal shape.
- Sperm motility will be assessed under 40X objective. Depending on the speed of movement and people will be divided into 4 groups:
• A: Sperm moves forward, fast.
• B: Sperm moves forward, slowly.
• C: Sperm cell in place.
• D: Sperm is not moving.
- To calculate the number of sperm in a ml of semen, after diluting semen at an appropriate rate and making sperm immobile, a counting chamber is used, divided inside many small cells.
- Sperm shape will be observed at 100X objective, after being dyed by special method (Papanicolaou). Abnormalities may occur in the head, neck or tail of the sperm.
What is a normal semen analysis result?
The World Health Organization (WHO) has published the following normal semen analysis indicators:
- Semen volume> 2 ml
- Sperm concentration> 20 million sperm / ml.
- Sperm motility> 50% of motile sperm, or 25% of sperm motility is very fast.
- Sperm morphology> 15% has a normal shape (by very strict standards).
- Leukocytes <1 million leukocytes / ml. - Anti-sperm antibody <50% of sperm is coated with antibody antibody. The note when evaluating results - Sperm is created from spermatogenous cells, located in spermatogenous tubes of 2 testes. Once formed, sperm will move into the sperm crest. It is here that sperm maturation will be completed. Sperm from birth to maturity completely needs a period of 10 - 12 weeks. The semen every ejaculate includes: sperm and semen.
Semen is the secretions from the prostate (1/3 volume) and from the seminal vesicles (accounting for 2/3 of the rest). Just any abnormalities in the sperm or the glands mentioned above will affect the results of semen.
- The method of obtaining semen is correct, the time of abstinence from intercourse before taking the semen (3-5 days) and the time of analyzing the sample must be about 1 hour after taking the sample.
- If semen is abnormal, it should be done at least 2-3 times to evaluate, test and compare.
- The results and normal norm of semen of each laboratory in the hospitals are different, so the results may not be the same.
- To know a man's ability to have children cannot be based solely on semen results. Some people still have normal babies despite low or weak sperm count.
Conversely, normal semen cannot guarantee that a person can certainly have children.
To assess the ability to have children and how to treat, it is necessary to evaluate based on examination and test results of both spouses such as age, relationship time without using contraception, comorbidities. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- The World Health Organization has warned of an antibiotic crisis, meaning that antibiotics will become more and more useless due to drug-resistant bacteria. We could soon run out of all new antibiotics and start dying from infections that we learned to treat 100 years ago. The catastrophe could be ...According to Assoc. Dr. Tran Dac Phu, complicated changes of pathogens caused by viruses and bacteria are the cause of many diseases (especially in the summer) in many countries, including Vietnam. Mr. Phu shared, besides the diseases that have been eliminated, such as smallpox, polio, neonatal ...According to Assoc. On the one hand, acknowledging the results achieved in the prevention of epidemics in Vietnam over the past time, Mr. Tran Dac Phu still expressed his concern about the constant change of viruses and bacteria, especially in summer time. Hot weather combined with other factors ...Avoid going outdoors when the sun is hot in the middle of the day, trying to drink enough water with little other feeling, wear anti-glare glasses ... are things the elderly should pay attention to during the dry season to limit the risk of stroke. Lan Lan () Lan Lan () According to the search key: ...80% of the population suffers from life back problems, low back pain is the most common cause of disability in the world. Le Nguyen (Theo Visually) According to theNew US research shows that divorced people are at a higher risk of heart attack than groups of the same age who are maintaining marriage. Photo: BBC. The study, published in the journal Circulation, argues that the chronic stress caused by divorce has long-term effects on a person's overall health. ...Passive smoking increases the risk of gum disease by 62%, according to new research by the University of North Carolina scientists. The above results are drawn after analyzing the medical records of more than 3,000 non-smokers aged 20. Volunteers are given oral examination and blood samples are ...Scientists have taken breathing air samples from hundreds of patients to analyze the chemical integration, helping to detect the potential risk of stomach cancer. Stomach cancer can be detected early through the breath. Photo: BBC. According to the BBC, stomach cancer affects about 7,300 people in ...Avoid spicy and sour foods until the sores heal. You can rinse your mouth with warm, thin salt water 2 times a day. An oral ulcer can be a manifestation of many diseases such as canker sores (often referred to as canker sores), ulcers caused by the herpes virus, ulcers caused by bacteria that cause ...Sunstroke, boils, diarrhea, malaria ... are children's diseases that can be encountered in the summer and you can completely help prevent them in a number of simple and effective ways. Sun stroke Summer can be great for kids because it's not learning and just having fun makes them excited. Children ...