Should Pregnant Mothers Use Antiemetics When Morning Sickness?
Up to 90% of pregnant women experience vomiting or nausea during the first months of pregnancy. After that, about 50% of women will gradually reduce these symptoms by 14 weeks of pregnancy, but still about 10% of women will continue to vomit or nausea after 20 weeks of pregnancy, even some very few of them still vomit until the day of birth.
This situation lasts for mothers who cannot eat and drink and directly affects their health. So should anti-emetic drugs be used during pregnancy? The following article will answer the questions of mother and give some solutions to help mothers limit this morning sickness.
What is morning sickness syndrome?
This is one of the most common pregnancy conditions that almost every woman experiences. Morning sickness is a physiological phenomenon that causes pregnant women to feel nauseous and uncomfortable, accompanied by vomiting. Symptoms of nausea and vomiting often occur early in the morning, so they are also called morning sickness. But in some cases, nausea and vomiting occur in different time frames and even last up to the whole day
Morning sickness is the most common condition in pregnancy
Morning sickness occurs?
According to statistics, nearly 90% of women will experience morning sickness in early pregnancy.
Specifically, morning sickness will occur around 5 to 6 weeks of pregnancy and will gradually decrease around 12-14 weeks of pregnancy.
In some unfortunate cases, if the morning sickness is severe, the pregnant women will have to endure this unpleasant feeling until the day of birth.
Causes of morning sickness during pregnancy
The main cause of morning sickness in pregnant women is due to hormonal changes inside the body. Gland hormones are produced in double amounts within 48-72 hours. In particular, signs of increase will occur rapidly throughout pregnancy.
Symptoms and signs of morning sickness
Depending on the severity of morning sickness, women will have similar and different symptoms and signs.
Mild morning sickness
In this case, nausea and vomiting will usually appear in the morning, after eating or even on an empty stomach
However, if at a low level, the mother can still eat and drink a number of things and when vomiting occurs, she still retains the food in the body.
Severe morning sickness
Severe morning sickness or morning sickness is a more severe form of regular nausea and vomiting and occurs only in about 1% of women, which can last throughout pregnancy. For pregnant women with morning sickness, there are often the following symptoms:
- The feeling of nausea lasts and occurs at any time
- Constipation during the day, food in the stomach is thrown out
- Weight loss during pregnancy
- Can't eat anything
- The body is dehydrated
- Constantly feeling tired, dizzy
Severe morning sickness can last throughout pregnancy
Does morning sickness affect the fetus?
If the woman only has mild nausea and vomiting, it will not cause too much harm to herself and the fetus. However, this can make you dehydrated and it may be difficult to gain weight, which will affect the weight of the fetus. Even losing too much water will lead to the risk of disorders of the thyroid, liver or amniotic fluid.
In the case of prolonged severe vomiting, the mother can not eat anything to prevent the body from getting the necessary nutrition, leading to a debilitating condition. More dangerously, the pregnant mother may need to be hospitalized for treatment.
Which pregnant women are prone to vomiting?
As noted above, morning sickness usually occurs in about 1% of women and is in the following risk groups:
- History of past vomiting syndrome in previous pregnancies
- Women with twins or twins
- Obese and overweight women
- First pregnancy
Methods for reducing pregnancy vomiting do not use the drug
Before you have to use medicine to treat, pregnant women can refer to some methods to help reduce morning sickness safely.
Ginger works to reduce stomach cramps and increase bowel motility to help reduce symptoms of nausea and vomiting. Experts rated 1,000mg of ginger powder equivalent to 10mg of metoclopramide as an effective antiemetic and ginger did not cause any side effects or effects on the health of mothers and babies.
Using ginger can reduce morning sickness symptoms
Supplement prenatal vitamins
During morning sickness, pregnant women can use multivitamins that contain vitamin B or folic acid to help with morning sickness. In addition, these vitamins also support the supply of nutrients along with a scientific diet to improve the health of pregnant women and the fetus.
Gargle often if your mouth has lots of saliva
Avoid swallowing too much saliva because it can increase the symptoms of vomiting for mothers. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...