Sigma Sore Polyps: A Disease Not Everyone Knows
Sigma sigmoid polyps are quite strange to many people. However, the incidence of the disease tends to increase. So, what is the sigma colon, and is the sigma colon polyp dangerous? The following article will answer the questions surrounding this disease.
What is the sigma colon and how does it work?
The sigma colon is the last part of the intestine - the part that attaches to the rectum and is about 40 cm long and shaped like the letter S in Latin.
The sigma colon contains a lot of muscle tissue
The main task of the sigmoid colon is to act as a material cavity, namely feces until it can be moved out of the body. By the time the food is digested to the sigam colon region, most of the nutrients have been absorbed from the stomach and small intestine, but here, the absorption stage can take place again as it continues
Location sigma colon
The phenomenon of sigma colon polyps
The sigmoid colon is a potential part of many pathogens. Among them, polyps are the appearance of tissue masses on the surface of the colorectal mucosa in the form of tumors. The majority of polyps in the colon usually occur in this area and they have different sizes.
Most sigma polyps are benign and the risk of developing cancer is not high. The most important thing is to have a colonoscopy and remove polyps because they can grow larger over time and the larger the polyps, the more likely they are to become cancerous.
The most dangerous complication of sigma colon polyps is colon cancer, a disease with a low mortality rate if not detected and treated promptly.
Divide the type of sigma colon polyps
Sigma sigmoid polyps are usually classified into two main types: hyperplastic polyps and adenoma
Hyperplastic polyps: The size of polyps is usually small and appears at the end of the colon.
This type of polyp has a relatively low risk of developing cancer.
Glandular polyps: Unlike glandular polyps that usually appear at the end of the colon, glandular polyps are often found on a large scale and as they grow and spread, the risk of cancer is very high.
Causes of sigma colon polyps
The main cause of sigma polyps is the unhealthy lifestyle of the patient. Accordingly, specific causes such as:
- Diet is excess sugar and fat
- The habit of smoking and drinking too much alcohol, beer or carbonated drinks
- Lazy activities and moving
- Always in a state of stress, stress, prolonged fatigue
- Family history of past illness
In addition, people over 50 years of age are also at higher risk of colon polyps than other ages
Symptoms of sigma colon polyps
Normally, the symptoms of sigma colon polyps are often confused with other diseases of the digestive system, so it is best to go to health facilities to check for the most accurate diagnosis. In addition, you can base on a few symptoms as follows:
- Defecation defecation, may have diarrhea or constipation for a while
- Feces appear with blood
- Nausea or loss of appetite
- Fatigue, anemia and reduced weight
Diagnosis of sigma colon polyps
Colonoscopy is the most common method of detecting the appearance of polyps in the colon. Accordingly, the doctor will use a soft endoscope with a camera attached and put the tube along the anus to conduct an examination of the entire colon area in general and the sigma colon in particular. After the colonoscopy, the doctor may take tissue samples to conduct a biopsy to detect potential cancer risks.
In addition, a number of other diagnostic measures can be performed such as x-rays, CT scans or perform necessary tests for diagnosis such as stool test, blood test.
The most common treatment for sigma colon polyps is through colonoscopy, which will remove colon polyps. This is considered a highly safe method and helps patients recover quickly.
If the case, more polyps appear larger size, the patient may be ordered to perform laparoscopic surgery to remove polyps.
Finally, in the worst case that when polyps have progressed to cancer, the only option is to remove part of the rectum to remove cancer cells to avoid the risk of recurrence and metastasis to the cancer. Other parts of the body.
Removing polyps is an effective treatment
A few notes for patients with sigma colon polyps
For the treatment of sigma colon polyps effectively, in addition to following the instructions of the doctor, the patient himself also needs. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...