Signs Identify Postpartum Anemia And Blood Tonic For Pregnant Women
Newly born mothers are often so busy taking care of their babies that they forget to take care of themselves. Neglecting your health after giving birth can lead to a number of health complications, one of which is postpartum anemia.
According to WHO recommends:
Anemia is an important public health problem worldwide, especially among women of reproductive age. The main cause of anemia is identified as iron deficiency. The consequences of iron deficiency anemia in the postpartum period (six weeks after birth) can be serious and have a long-lasting effect on the health of both mother and baby.
Accordingly, studies conducted in high-income countries have shown that about 10-30% of postpartum women suffer from anemia. Because anemia is a common problem worldwide, not limited to any country, even the incidence of postpartum anemia in low- and middle-income countries can be higher.
However, not all women know the knowledge about postpartum anemia
What is anemia after birth?
Postpartum anemia is a chronic postpartum iron deficiency, when the hemoglobin level is less than 110 g / L after one week postpartum and less than 120 g / L after eight weeks postpartum.
Anemia develops in 3 stages:
First stage: Iron levels in the bone marrow begin to deplete, reducing the total amount of iron in the blood and no specific symptoms appear during this period.
Stage two: the side effects of anemia begin to appear. The body begins to feel more tired and has a headache. This deficiency can be detected through blood tests. Also during this period, hemoglobin production began to be affected.
Stage three: The sharp decrease in hemoglobin concentration causes severe anemia
Postpartum anemia is a common condition in women
The cause of postpartum anemia
Anemia is a common condition in women after childbirth, the cause of this condition is determined from many different sources. Inside:
Diet without enough iron: The need for iron during pregnancy is 4.4mg / day. Not getting enough iron before or during pregnancy can lead to postpartum anemia.
Menstrual blood loss: Significant blood loss during menstruation can also lead to iron loss before conception.
Blood loss during childbirth: The loss of too much blood during childbirth (exceeding 500ml) can deplete the body's iron reserves and lead to anemia after birth.
The more blood loss, the higher the risk of anemia in the mother.
Bowel disease: In the case of intestinal disorders such as inflammatory bowel disease or the appearance of worms ... it will make the body unable to absorb the necessary amount of iron.
The signs identify postpartum anemia women
- The body is always in a state of fatigue
- Pale skin
- Feeling short of breath and dizzy
- Frequent headache
- Arrhythmic heartbeat
- Immune system also weakened
- Reduce libido
- The spirit is always under stress and pressure, irritable
- Breast milk is reduced in both quality and quantity, making weight gain in children also affected
Although you cannot experience all the symptoms at once, but if you find any of the above mentioned symptoms and cannot control it, consult your doctors immediately to avoid it. Back to the unfortunate complications.
Iron deficiency is a common cause of anemia
Subjects susceptible to postpartum anemia
Women in the following groups of subjects are at higher risk than postpartum anemia:
Iron deficiency before or during pregnancy
BMI before pregnancy> 24
The gap between pregnancies is short
Premature birth or birth beyond the week
High Blood Pressure
Birth many times
Anemia can affect breastfeeding?
Anemia after birth will affect the insufficient supply of milk for the baby, reduce breastfeeding time and may lead to early weaning.
Early weaning also leads to the possibility of slow weight gain in infants. Approximately 22% of first-time pregnant mothers have postpartum anemia, with hemoglobin level below 10g / l.
Overcoming postpartum anemia
Supplement the necessary iron content
Treatment for postpartum anemia includes a number of changes in the mother's diet and lifestyle to adequately supplement the recommended amount of iron. If the woman has been diagnosed with the cause of iron deficiency anemia but in mild form, it is necessary to supplement the oral dose of 100-200mg daily. You can take iron supplements in the form of pills or capsules or supplements as directed by the doctor.
In case of severe iron deficiency, it is necessary to administer intravenous injection from 800-1500mg.
Blood transfusions are only given to women who have circulation problems due to cheek loss. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...