[summary] 13 Common Physiological Phenomena In Newborns
In the process of caring for babies who love the new born days, parents may experience many physiological phenomena in children. These may be abnormal signs warning the child of a health problem but it could also be a normal phenomenon because the child is gradually improving the functions of the body part.
Therefore, being aware of the common physiological phenomena in infants will help parents feel more secure. Let's find out about this problem with the Pediatricians of Hopital Hospital in the article below!
Nasal congestion in newborns is a stuffy nose caused by stagnant mucus. The reason is that the baby's nostrils are now small, so just a little nasal scales or nasal fluid will also obstruct the airway, leading to difficulty breathing. The manifestation of the stuffy nose is wheezing.
Nasal congestion in newborns is a stuffy nose caused by stagnant mucus
Nasal congestion in newborns often occurs in dry, wintery weather, if the baby is not kept warm properly. Or in summer, many families turn on air conditioning, reducing indoor air humidity, causing dryness
Nasal congestion does not affect the physical development of children, children still grow normally to the same standard as other children.
Children also do not have other symptoms such as cough, runny nose, fever.
Hiccups in newborns are created due to intermittent stimulation of the diaphragm and sudden closure of the vocal cap. This is a common phenomenon in children under 1 year of age. There are many causes of hiccups in infants such as:
- Babies are too full. An incorrect bottle feeding causes a significant amount of air to be swallowed into the stomach. When the amount of air in the stomach exceeds the allowed level, it will stimulate the contraction of the diaphragm and make a hiccup.
- Gastroesophageal reflux: Hiccups may be caused by stomach acid going back into the esophagus
- Sudden temperature change: When the ambient temperature suddenly changes, children breathe cold air into their lungs, which can create a sob.
To prevent the baby from being uncomfortable with hiccups, moms can apply the following:
- Use your index fingers to tuck into the baby's ear for about half a minute, or use two fingers to gently squeeze the wings of the baby's nose, and keep the baby's mouth closed for 2-3 seconds. Repeat for 15-20 times, the interval between each about 3 seconds.
If you see your baby often showing signs of hiccups after eating, the mother should change hands or change the way of holding to limit the air into the baby's mouth and stomach
- Change the posture for breastfeeding. If the baby often shows signs of hiccups after eating, the mother should change hands or change the way of holding to limit the air into the baby's mouth and stomach.
- Pat your baby's back or shoulders gently and decisively. When you burp, your baby will stop hiccup.
- Give baby a small sip of water to stop hiccups, about 2.
5ml is enough.
- If your baby is at weaning age, mom can put a little sugar on baby's tongue. The sweetness of sugar will help prevent diaphragmatic spasms.
- Avoid using too big nipples as this can cause your baby to swallow a lot of air while sucking.
However, mothers should also note that children should not be too hungry before feeding, and also avoid feeding your baby too full. After eating, hold the child to hold his head high for about 10 minutes.
Vomiting is a condition in which stomach contents are pushed out through the mouth by contraction of the stomach in combination with spasms of abdominal wall muscles.
Reflux is the movement of reflux from the stomach through the oropharynx to the mouth, or possibly through the mouth to a small amount, due to the simple contraction of the stomach.
This is a very common phenomenon in infants.
When the child regurgitates, the parent must tilt his or her head to the side to avoid choking on the vomit, then suck or wrap a clean gauze towel into the fingers that soak up the vomit in the child's mouth and throat. Cupping your hands gently on the backs helps your child cough up the rest of the vomit in his throat. When the vomiting has stopped, give the child warm or warm ORS or breastfeed, or bottle slowly.
Babies are very susceptible to vomiting, because the baby's stomach is still horizontal, the heart muscle is not closed as tightly as adults.
Babies are very susceptible to vomiting, because the baby's stomach is still horizontal, the cardiac muscle is not closed as tightly as adults. However, vomiting in infants has 2 types:
- Vomiting function: Due to the mistake of eating and taking care of improperly. Parents should readjust their diet and child care, followed up at home
- Pathological vomiting: Take children to health facilities for timely examination and treatment.
Lose weight in the first week after birth
In the first days after birth, the baby's weight is not reduced by more than 10% compared to the birth, the baby is still eating and sleeping normally ... that is a physiological weight loss. The reason is that the baby is dehydrated through the respiratory tract, excreted stool and urine, vomit dirty fluids, amniotic fluid that he swallowed during labor. There are 2 types of weight loss:
- Lose weight fast and recover quickly: On the first day after birth, your baby starts to lose weight and continues to lose weight on days 2 - 4, about 20 - 50g / day. After that, the baby's weight recovered as the original. This type of weight loss accounts for about 25%, often.
. Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- The World Health Organization has warned of an antibiotic crisis, meaning that antibiotics will become more and more useless due to drug-resistant bacteria. We could soon run out of all new antibiotics and start dying from infections that we learned to treat 100 years ago. The catastrophe could be ...According to Assoc. Dr. Tran Dac Phu, complicated changes of pathogens caused by viruses and bacteria are the cause of many diseases (especially in the summer) in many countries, including Vietnam. Mr. Phu shared, besides the diseases that have been eliminated, such as smallpox, polio, neonatal ...According to Assoc. On the one hand, acknowledging the results achieved in the prevention of epidemics in Vietnam over the past time, Mr. Tran Dac Phu still expressed his concern about the constant change of viruses and bacteria, especially in summer time. Hot weather combined with other factors ...Avoid going outdoors when the sun is hot in the middle of the day, trying to drink enough water with little other feeling, wear anti-glare glasses ... are things the elderly should pay attention to during the dry season to limit the risk of stroke. Lan Lan () Lan Lan () According to the search key: ...80% of the population suffers from life back problems, low back pain is the most common cause of disability in the world. Le Nguyen (Theo Visually) According to theNew US research shows that divorced people are at a higher risk of heart attack than groups of the same age who are maintaining marriage. Photo: BBC. The study, published in the journal Circulation, argues that the chronic stress caused by divorce has long-term effects on a person's overall health. ...Passive smoking increases the risk of gum disease by 62%, according to new research by the University of North Carolina scientists. The above results are drawn after analyzing the medical records of more than 3,000 non-smokers aged 20. Volunteers are given oral examination and blood samples are ...Scientists have taken breathing air samples from hundreds of patients to analyze the chemical integration, helping to detect the potential risk of stomach cancer. Stomach cancer can be detected early through the breath. Photo: BBC. According to the BBC, stomach cancer affects about 7,300 people in ...Avoid spicy and sour foods until the sores heal. You can rinse your mouth with warm, thin salt water 2 times a day. An oral ulcer can be a manifestation of many diseases such as canker sores (often referred to as canker sores), ulcers caused by the herpes virus, ulcers caused by bacteria that cause ...Sunstroke, boils, diarrhea, malaria ... are children's diseases that can be encountered in the summer and you can completely help prevent them in a number of simple and effective ways. Sun stroke Summer can be great for kids because it's not learning and just having fun makes them excited. Children ...