[summary] 13 Common Physiological Phenomena In Newborns
In the process of caring for babies who love the new born days, parents may experience many physiological phenomena in children. These may be abnormal signs warning the child of a health problem but it could also be a normal phenomenon because the child is gradually improving the functions of the body part.
Therefore, being aware of the common physiological phenomena in infants will help parents feel more secure. Let's find out about this problem with the Pediatricians of Hopital Hospital in the article below!
Nasal congestion in newborns is a stuffy nose caused by stagnant mucus. The reason is that the baby's nostrils are now small, so just a little nasal scales or nasal fluid will also obstruct the airway, leading to difficulty breathing. The manifestation of the stuffy nose is wheezing.
Nasal congestion in newborns is a stuffy nose caused by stagnant mucus
Nasal congestion in newborns often occurs in dry, wintery weather, if the baby is not kept warm properly. Or in summer, many families turn on air conditioning, reducing indoor air humidity, causing dryness
Nasal congestion does not affect the physical development of children, children still grow normally to the same standard as other children.
Children also do not have other symptoms such as cough, runny nose, fever.
Hiccups in newborns are created due to intermittent stimulation of the diaphragm and sudden closure of the vocal cap. This is a common phenomenon in children under 1 year of age. There are many causes of hiccups in infants such as:
- Babies are too full. An incorrect bottle feeding causes a significant amount of air to be swallowed into the stomach. When the amount of air in the stomach exceeds the allowed level, it will stimulate the contraction of the diaphragm and make a hiccup.
- Gastroesophageal reflux: Hiccups may be caused by stomach acid going back into the esophagus
- Sudden temperature change: When the ambient temperature suddenly changes, children breathe cold air into their lungs, which can create a sob.
To prevent the baby from being uncomfortable with hiccups, moms can apply the following:
- Use your index fingers to tuck into the baby's ear for about half a minute, or use two fingers to gently squeeze the wings of the baby's nose, and keep the baby's mouth closed for 2-3 seconds. Repeat for 15-20 times, the interval between each about 3 seconds.
If you see your baby often showing signs of hiccups after eating, the mother should change hands or change the way of holding to limit the air into the baby's mouth and stomach
- Change the posture for breastfeeding. If the baby often shows signs of hiccups after eating, the mother should change hands or change the way of holding to limit the air into the baby's mouth and stomach.
- Pat your baby's back or shoulders gently and decisively. When you burp, your baby will stop hiccup.
- Give baby a small sip of water to stop hiccups, about 2.
5ml is enough.
- If your baby is at weaning age, mom can put a little sugar on baby's tongue. The sweetness of sugar will help prevent diaphragmatic spasms.
- Avoid using too big nipples as this can cause your baby to swallow a lot of air while sucking.
However, mothers should also note that children should not be too hungry before feeding, and also avoid feeding your baby too full. After eating, hold the child to hold his head high for about 10 minutes.
Vomiting is a condition in which stomach contents are pushed out through the mouth by contraction of the stomach in combination with spasms of abdominal wall muscles.
Reflux is the movement of reflux from the stomach through the oropharynx to the mouth, or possibly through the mouth to a small amount, due to the simple contraction of the stomach.
This is a very common phenomenon in infants.
When the child regurgitates, the parent must tilt his or her head to the side to avoid choking on the vomit, then suck or wrap a clean gauze towel into the fingers that soak up the vomit in the child's mouth and throat. Cupping your hands gently on the backs helps your child cough up the rest of the vomit in his throat. When the vomiting has stopped, give the child warm or warm ORS or breastfeed, or bottle slowly.
Babies are very susceptible to vomiting, because the baby's stomach is still horizontal, the heart muscle is not closed as tightly as adults.
Babies are very susceptible to vomiting, because the baby's stomach is still horizontal, the cardiac muscle is not closed as tightly as adults. However, vomiting in infants has 2 types:
- Vomiting function: Due to the mistake of eating and taking care of improperly. Parents should readjust their diet and child care, followed up at home
- Pathological vomiting: Take children to health facilities for timely examination and treatment.
Lose weight in the first week after birth
In the first days after birth, the baby's weight is not reduced by more than 10% compared to the birth, the baby is still eating and sleeping normally ... that is a physiological weight loss. The reason is that the baby is dehydrated through the respiratory tract, excreted stool and urine, vomit dirty fluids, amniotic fluid that he swallowed during labor. There are 2 types of weight loss:
- Lose weight fast and recover quickly: On the first day after birth, your baby starts to lose weight and continues to lose weight on days 2 - 4, about 20 - 50g / day. After that, the baby's weight recovered as the original. This type of weight loss accounts for about 25%, often.
. Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...