Summary Of Things To Know About Gastroscopy
Gastroscopy is a safe and widely used method to diagnose and treat stomach diseases. For the procedure of endoscopy to go smoothly, let's learn with Hopital Hospital the basic knowledge before gastroscopy, you!
What is gastroscopy?
Gastroscopy is a diagnostic imaging technique in which the doctor directly examines the upper part of the digestive tract (including esophagus, stomach, duodenum and duodenum) of a patient through a small camera. mounted at the end of the endoscope. The camera captures images directly and sends them onto the screen, making it easy for the doctor to observe and detect abnormalities of the digestive system during endoscopy.
Souls of the dead go?
Esophageal - gastroduodenal endoscopy (or collectively referred to as gastroscopy) is used to:
- Determining the cause of gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea / vomiting, flatulence, difficulty swallowing, persistent abdominal pain
- Diagnosis of gastric ulcer or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GORD)
- Treatment of conditions: gastrointestinal bleeding, esophageal obstruction, foreign body removal, polyps .
.. through specialized instruments threaded through the endoscope
- Cancer biopsy: By taking a small piece of tissue during endoscopy, the doctor will look under a microscope to show cancer cells (if any), without causing pain or discomfort to the person. sick.
Doctor appoint gastroscopy
Stomach endoscopy methods
Currently medicine uses 4 main methods of gastroscopy. Depending on the pros and cons of each method as well as specific cases that the doctor will advise and assign to the patient.
Endoscopy of the stomach through the mouth
With the advantages of being easy to perform, low cost, suitable for many subjects, gastric tibetomy is currently the most commonly used method
However, due to the use of a large diameter flexible tube, gastroscopy through the mouth is easy to cause discomfort, nausea, even rubbing the throat when scanning makes patients feel scared.
Gastroscopy through nose
Advantages: Highly accurate, easy to carry out. In addition, due to the use of small-diameter scope, only 5.9 mm and go through the nose, so cause less nausea, fear for patients
Cons: Higher cost than oral examination. Do not use in cases of patients with nasal diseases, nasal clefts. When detecting pathologies requiring intervention such as foreign body removal, polyps, hemostasis, esophageal vein tightening ...
it is not possible and must be transferred to oral examination ...
Anesthesia gastric endoscopy (commonly called a painless endoscopy)
In essence, this is the method of gastric endoscopy by mouth but the patient has been anesthetized. The biggest plus point when using this method is that patients will not feel nauseous, scared, avoid dangerous actions when being scanned (struggling or jerking the scope). As a result, doctors perform interventions when necessary (polyps, foreign bodies, etc.) faster and more safely.
Disadvantages: Costs are higher than regular colonoscopies, require the assistance of anesthesiologist and require additional tests before endoscopy.
The patient should be closely monitored, as there may be side effects with the anesthetic
Endoscopy with capsules
Pros: The doctor can examine all organs in the digestive tract in detail without causing discomfort to the patient. During endoscopy, patients still walk and function normally. After endoscopy, the capsule excretes itself out of the digestive tract.
Disadvantages: The implementation time is about 12 hours and the price is quite high, so although it is a modern method, the endoscopy capsules are rarely selected by patients.
What is the procedure for gastroscopy?
The gastroscopy is fairly simple and is often used as an outpatient procedure, so patients do not have to stay in the hospital overnight. After the examination, the doctor will recommend an appropriate method and conduct an endoscopy for the patient. Regardless of the method, you need to follow some basic points such as fasting for at least 6-8 hours before the colonoscopy or not using special medicines / alcohol / colored water ..
Each endoscopy usually lasts 15-20 minutes depending on the patient's medical condition.
With regular stomach endoscopy: After lying on your left side and applying a local anesthetic to the throat, you will be placed in the mouth by the doctor and ordered to swallow the first part of the tube. You may feel uncomfortable or even want to vomit, but this feeling soon passes through the scope to the esophagus and into the stomach. Try to breathe slowly and cooperate with your doctor's instructions to limit the digestive scratches while the scope is moving.
The doctor will observe the image recorded on the camera of the scope to find gastrointestinal abnormalities. The air may be gently pumped into the patient's esophagus, allowing the doctor to observe better, but this can cause you to feel tight or bloated.
Depending on the disease.
. Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...