Surgery For Otitis Media
Otitis media, if not treated completely, may require surgery. So, you should carefully study this disease offline.
Why are ears pus?
One of the major symptoms of otitis media (VTG) is purulent discharge. Usually VTG occurs after you have a cold or are caused by sinusitis, tonsillitis or tonsillitis. Your ear will drain all the time if these causes are not cured.
Long-term VTG may develop chronic mastoid otitis (the mastoid bone is the bone behind the ear), which can form cholesteatoma.
From there, there is a risk of life-threatening complications such as brain abscess, meningitis, encephalitis, lateral sinus occlusion .
When is surgery needed?
Acute atrial fibrillation can heal. VTG becomes chronic only when there are favorable factors such as inflammation of the nose and throat. Thus, to heal the ears must first heal the sinuses, throat.
Chronic peritoneal perforation of VTG can be corrected with surgical removal of the eardrum, provided that the sinus and nasal areas of the nose and throat are free of pathologies and the ear is treated medically with 4 weeks of dry pus.
Middle ear otitis surgery is required in cases of VTG with cholesteatoma to avoid dangerous complications.
Does hearing increase after surgery?
If the inner ear is in good condition, a surgery to repair the eardrum with or without chiropractic surgery will significantly increase hearing.
Whether or not the eardrum is patched depends on the lesion of the mastoid bone or the presence of cholesteatoma or the condition of the eardrum
If the lesion of the mastoid bone is widespread or the cholesteatoma is unable to repair the atria, the purpose of the surgery is to heal the ear infection and remove the cholesteatoma to prevent complications.
Indications for ear surgery
Ear discharge or not rotten latex, long-term medical treatment does not cure.
Ears have cholesteatoma.
Perforation of the eardrum requires closure of the eardrum to prevent recurrent ear infections.
Increase hearing if possible.
Atrial patch can be performed in children if the condition of the sinus nose is stable, the nose is clear and the ear canal is open.
What to do before surgery?
Do the necessary tests (preoperative test).
Medical treatment for dry ear before surgery.
Audiometry to assess hearing before surgery.
Clean shampoo a day before surgery.
A few things to know after an ear surgery
Headache, minor ear aches will be reduced with pain medication. If headache is severe, tell a doctor immediately.
Dizziness, vomiting may occur in the early days, medical treatment.
Change bandages every day.
Cut only after the ears on the 7th day.
The earpiece was completely removed only by the doctor after atrial patch surgery on the 15th day.
What do you do after discharge?
- Keep ears clean and dry.
- Take a break, take a prescription medication.
- Re-appointment on time with your doctor.
Should not do:
- Do not arbitrarily remove the earband, remove the gauze at the ear, pick up the ear.
- Do not let water fall into the ears when washing hair or bathing, do not go swimming because it is easy to recurrent ear infections due to dirty water
- Do not cover your nose or mouth when you sneeze or cough, as this will directly affect the ear you just had surgery, especially in the case of atrial patch.
- Need to avoid situations of changing air pressure such as flying, up or down hills ...
- Avoid traveling a lot or driving a motorbike, as you may lose your temporary balance.
. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- The World Health Organization has warned of an antibiotic crisis, meaning that antibiotics will become more and more useless due to drug-resistant bacteria. We could soon run out of all new antibiotics and start dying from infections that we learned to treat 100 years ago. The catastrophe could be ...According to Assoc. Dr. Tran Dac Phu, complicated changes of pathogens caused by viruses and bacteria are the cause of many diseases (especially in the summer) in many countries, including Vietnam. Mr. Phu shared, besides the diseases that have been eliminated, such as smallpox, polio, neonatal ...According to Assoc. On the one hand, acknowledging the results achieved in the prevention of epidemics in Vietnam over the past time, Mr. Tran Dac Phu still expressed his concern about the constant change of viruses and bacteria, especially in summer time. Hot weather combined with other factors ...Avoid going outdoors when the sun is hot in the middle of the day, trying to drink enough water with little other feeling, wear anti-glare glasses ... are things the elderly should pay attention to during the dry season to limit the risk of stroke. Lan Lan () Lan Lan () According to the search key: ...80% of the population suffers from life back problems, low back pain is the most common cause of disability in the world. Le Nguyen (Theo Visually) According to theNew US research shows that divorced people are at a higher risk of heart attack than groups of the same age who are maintaining marriage. Photo: BBC. The study, published in the journal Circulation, argues that the chronic stress caused by divorce has long-term effects on a person's overall health. ...Passive smoking increases the risk of gum disease by 62%, according to new research by the University of North Carolina scientists. The above results are drawn after analyzing the medical records of more than 3,000 non-smokers aged 20. Volunteers are given oral examination and blood samples are ...Scientists have taken breathing air samples from hundreds of patients to analyze the chemical integration, helping to detect the potential risk of stomach cancer. Stomach cancer can be detected early through the breath. Photo: BBC. According to the BBC, stomach cancer affects about 7,300 people in ...Avoid spicy and sour foods until the sores heal. You can rinse your mouth with warm, thin salt water 2 times a day. An oral ulcer can be a manifestation of many diseases such as canker sores (often referred to as canker sores), ulcers caused by the herpes virus, ulcers caused by bacteria that cause ...Sunstroke, boils, diarrhea, malaria ... are children's diseases that can be encountered in the summer and you can completely help prevent them in a number of simple and effective ways. Sun stroke Summer can be great for kids because it's not learning and just having fun makes them excited. Children ...