Survival Rates Of Colon Cancer Patients And Their Treatments
Colon cancer is the fifth most common disease after liver, lung, stomach and breast cancer. So, what is the survival rate of colon cancer patients? What is the treatment? This article will provide you with useful information
Is colon cancer dangerous?
The severity of colon cancer depends on what stage of the disease was detected. The earlier the diagnosis is, the greater the chance of successful treatment. If the disease is detected at an early stage, the survival rate after 5 years can reach up to 90%, but less than 10% of patients diagnosed in the late stage live more than 5 years.
Subjects at high risk of colon cancer
Age: The fact has proven that the higher the age, the higher the risk of colon cancer
Obesity: Obese people are at higher risk for colon cancer and have a higher mortality rate than those of normal weight.
People who are obese are at high risk for colon cancer
History of yourself and your family: If someone in your family has colon cancer, your risk of developing it is higher, because the cancer is inherited at a rate of 3-5%. Or it may recur because you have had this disease in the past
- Eat a lot of fermented salted foods such as pickles, tomato, pickles, kimchi.
- Eat a lot of red meat like buffalo, cow, goat, sheep ..
- Eat a lot of fast food such as hot dogs, hamburgers, processed meats.
- Drink plenty of sugary drinks like soda, cocacola, sting ...
- Smoking and drinking alcohol
Treatments for colon cancer in stages
Depending on the stage of disease, there will be appropriate treatment to bring the highest therapeutic effect.
Colon cancer manifestations of each stage:
This is the earliest stage of colon cancer, detected and treated, the patient's ability to survive up to 90%, and can be cured if treated aggressively. Stage 1 colon cancer has signs such as: Constipation, abdominal pain, bloody bowel movements, fatigue
The stage 2 cancer manifestations are clearer than the previous stage. Patients feel more tired, anorexia due to taste changes, frequent bloody diarrhea and unusual weight loss.
If you lose weight suddenly, you should see your colon
Stage 3 colon cancer is when the cancer has spread outside and goes to the lymph nodes around the colon but has not spread to other organs of the body. The disease manifestation of this stage is clearer than the first 2 stages:
- Bleeding during defecation, the number of bowel movements increases greatly
- Gastrointestinal disorders, diarrhea, constipation, change in the shape of stools lasting
- Abdominal distention, abdominal pain before or after eating
- Anal pain, incontinence of spasm of the anus
- Fatigue, anemia, pallor, unusual fever
- Lose weight fast
When stage 4 is reached, the health and life of the patient is at risk and will have expressions such as: Abdominal pain, back, ribs, jaundice, fever, anorexia, swelling of limbs, dizziness, blurred vision eye, severe headache, disorientation, shortness of breath; strange urine color, bubbling; weight loss, severe physical weakness.
This method has a key role in radical treatment of colon cancer. There is a high rate of recurrence due to surgery unable to remove all metastatic cells. Radical surgery includes traditional methods (opening the abdomen or in the pelvis to remove a cancerous rectum) and laparoscopy.
Depending on the condition, the doctor may recommend surgery to treat colon cancer
The most common way of chemotherapy is intravenously. This method is used to designate the most effective surgical support of malignant tumors inside the colon. If chemotherapy is done before surgery, it will help to shrink the tumors and be easily removed during surgery. If after surgery, chemotherapy will destroy the cancer cells left behind during surgery. Thereby reducing the risk of recurrence.
This method uses high-energy X-rays to destroy cancer cells. Radiotherapy can be used before and after surgery. There are two common types of radiation therapy: external jars and stereoscopic radiation therapy.
- Arterial embolism: Blocking the blood vessels that feed the tumor, combined with chemotherapy or radiation to kill the tumor.
- Treatment with monoclonal antibodies and small-molecule drugs: Researchers hope the treatment of tumors with monoclonal antibodies and small-molecule drugs will be more specific than chemotherapy drugs and with fewer side effects than.
- Immunotherapy: This method stops or slows the growth of cancer cells, prevents cancer cells from spreading to other organs, improves the immune system to help destroy effective cancer cells. more fruit.
Extra survival rates in colon cancer patients
Early oncologists have confirmed colon cancer can be cured if early treatment is detected. Extra time for colon cancer patients is increasing. To assess time b. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...