Take Care Of Children Who Have A Cold At Home
Children are susceptible to respiratory infections, especially when the weather changes. In particular, the majority of cases are mild illness with symptoms of coughing, sneezing, runny nose, stuffy nose. It usually resolves within 7 days if properly cared for.
Identify children with common colds and coughs
To make sure your child only has a common cold, parents need to follow these steps:
Check for 4 danger signs:
- Inability to drink or stop breastfeeding: meaning when a spoon (teaspoon) of water or milk is given to a child but the child is unable to swallow, or the child cannot suckle by putting the breast into the baby's mouth.
- Vomiting everything: when children drop a spoon of water or milk, they drink but immediately vomit immediately
- Convulsions: In convulsions, the child's eyes often twitch or roll backwards. The muscles in the face also twitched, hands and feet twitching
- Liem: children sleep more than usual and difficult to call, or when shaking call children open their eyes but then fell asleep.
When coughing, she often stops feeding and when she feeds, she will easily vomit
Check for severe signs:
- Rapid breathing: counting the rate of breathing when the baby lies still for a minute. If the breathing rate is 60 or more times (for children under 2 months old), 50 times (for children aged 2 - 12 months old) and 40 times (for children from 12 months to 5 years old), the child is breathing fast .
- Breathing in chest: let your baby lie still and watch. Usually when inhaled, both sides of the chest expand, while coughing, when inhaled, the chest of the child will be recessed.
- Breathing whistling: parents keep ears in nose and mouth of children, eyes in chest and abdomen. Normally when babies breathe in, our ears can hear the baby's breathing sounds soothing
Children with colds are usually just coughing, runny nose and do not have any signs of danger and severe signs above.
Instructions on how to take care
If your child has a common cold, it is important to take care of the following:
- Continue to feed and feed children: when they are sick, they often refuse to eat and drink. Parents should encourage and feed their children many times a day. If your baby has a stuffy nose, clear the nose before feeding.
Try to feed your baby and drink plenty of fluids when he or she has a cough or cold
- Give children enough water to drink. If your child coughs a lot, you can give them a safe cough medicine such as: sugar-clogged, honey, leaf thick or herbal-based cough medicines. If a child has a stuffy nose, clear the nose.
- Older children: guide children to blow their nose properly.
Blowing your nose on each side Use your finger to press one side of the nose, blow hard on the other side and do the opposite. Note: do not cover two at the same time.
- Children: Parents use soft paper to fold the sharp corners (deep wicks), just enough to put in the nose of the child. Do it several times until your nose is clear. In the case of heavy nasal congestion causes many nasal congestion, parents should use 0.9% natricloride solution drop 2 to 3 drops on each side of the nose, then clean the nose with soft paper as above.
Watch for signs that children should be taken to the hospital for immediate check-ups such as: unable to drink or stop feeding, tired breathing, high fever.
Things not to do
When a child coughs, parents should absolutely not:
- Arbitrarily using vasoconstrictor drops because they can cause poisoning for children - very dangerous.
- Use the mouth to suck a child's nose because it can spread an infectious disease.
- Use a cotton swab to pick your nose because it can hurt your nose.. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...