Take Medication To Treat Epilepsy
Clinically divided into three antiepileptic drugs: The drug works with all types of epilepsy (including typical absence of consciousness) such as benzodiazepines, valproic acid;
The drugs that work with all seizures (except for typical absenteeism episodes) are barbituric, hexamidine; The drug only works with a few types of epilepsy such as suxinimid, oxazolidin, sultiam ...
Does it treat all cases of epilepsy?
In principle, all cases of epilepsy must be treated because: Antiepileptic medication is effective (more than 70% of cases recover from a long-term attack). Antiepileptic drugs are the only way to protect patients from seizures
Especially in infants, anti-epileptic treatment is sometimes an emergency requirement, preventing the risk of sequelae caused by epilepsy.
However, considerations should be considered when deciding to use anti-epileptic drugs because: The effectiveness of all drugs is limited; New anti-epileptic treatment is symptomatic treatment, which has not been able to influence decisively on the progression of the disease;
Use the medication must be regular, regular, daily and long-term; Every drug has some secondary side effects, and careless use can cause complications and complications.
The treating physician is the person who determines the dosage of the medication and is responsible for monitoring the entire course of medication administration
The principles of treatment
There are a number of principles when treating epilepsy to be sure: The physician who prescribes the diagnosis will select the appropriate antiepileptic drug for the patient's medical condition.
The dosage of medication indicated must be based on the patient's form, clinical type, and condition.
Most people only use a certain drug, provided that achieving therapeutic concentrations in the blood can achieve a clinical effect. The drug is taken orally mainly.
Treatment drugs must be taken daily, right and enough dose prescribed, often as meals, patients are not arbitrarily increase, decrease or stop the drug suddenly.
Patients should monitor the clinical progress of the disease and secondary manifestations of the drug in order to promptly notify the treating physician to adjust the dosage to suit the patient's condition. Do not combine two drugs of the same type together. For example: phenobarbital with primidone, seduxen with mogadon
In addition, during treatment should regularly check blood counts, liver and kidney function of the patient.
Depending on each case, in addition to medication, patients should have appropriate diet, activities, rest and recreation.
In the world, epilepsy surgical treatment is established when:
- It is a localized epilepsy, largely localized in the cerebral cortex, where the diagnostic role of brain computerized tomography and other diagnostic facilities is needed.
- The location of the epilepsy is located in an area that can be surgically resolved; on the other hand, after surgery surgery will be very limited mental and mental.
- In case of severe epilepsy, greatly affecting the body, psychology, occupation, family, society of the patient, although patiently persisted in medical treatment, he did not achieve the desired results.
- The cause of epilepsy itself is of a surgical nature and can be handled well by surgery, such as meningiomas, hematomas, parasitic tumors, vascular malformations. brain blood .
When can epilepsy treatment be stopped?
Epilepsy is a long-term and chronic condition, depending on the cause of the disease, especially with brain damage or a seizure, or because the threshold for seizures in the brain is lowered. So the classical way of treating epilepsy is a long-term and persistent.
However, there are also some cases where circumstances allow for stopping treatment of epilepsy. For example: There is no definite diagnosis that epilepsy can be carefully reduced gradually and then cut off antiepileptic drugs and alert for possible seizure status;
Some clinical features can be discontinued, such as epileptic seizures, small seizures in children, and primary primary seizures in children (only 2 to 3 times at a time). years), primary primary epilepsy in adolescence in adolescence, epilepsy after injury is not progressive and not very severe ..
Discontinuation of this treatment must be considered and decided by a specialized physician. In general, after 3-4 years of regular treatment without relapsing seizures, treatment can be stopped for the above.
Discontinue treatment by gradually reducing the therapeutic dose over a prolonged period of months, on the other hand continue to monitor EEG and general medicine.. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...