Teach Children Proper Personal Hygiene
Personal hygiene not only helps to keep oneself clean, but also prevents the spread of infectious diseases. Teaching children about hygiene and personal hygiene habits early on is very important because children with weak resistance should be more susceptible to infection.
What is personal hygiene for children?
Personal hygiene includes various daily activities like bathing, brushing teeth and washing hands.
Whether going to school, parks or anywhere else, children easily come into contact with dirt and carry infectious microorganisms. While children tend to put their hands and toys in their mouths, it will create favorable conditions for bacteria to enter their bodies, causing many different diseases and infections.
The importance of personal hygiene for children
Children living in unsanitary conditions and with poor personal hygiene are more likely to get sick because their immune systems are not as strong as adults.
Good personal hygiene habits allow your child to:
Stay healthy, free from bacterial diseases.
Children will have a healthy body to develop comprehensively both physically and mentally
Building a clean, healthy personal hygiene habit will enhance your image, thereby increasing your confidence and the chance of success in social life
Children do not have the knowledge or skills to take care of hygiene.
Therefore, parents need to monitor children's habits and teach them early to make them practice at home.
How do children practice personal hygiene?
Whether your child is at school or at home, eating, sleeping, or playing, or helping you in the kitchen, you need to stay clean. Because cleanliness is not just about keeping yourself clean, but also about keeping your surroundings clean.
Wash your hands often
Hands are parts that contain a lot of bacteria due to contact with many places and then use to touch the face, handle food, so hand cleaning is extremely important to ensure hygiene, prevent diarrhea and respiratory infection.
Teach children to always remember to wash their hands often:
Wash your hands before and after touching or eating food.
After using the toilet
After coming home from outside, after cycling, playing in the sand .
After cleaning the house
After clearing your nose, sneezing or coughing
After playing with pets, insects
After visiting a sick friend or relative or returning from the hospital
Instruct your child to never get dirty hands into his mouth, bite his nails, or wipe his face or eyes with dirty hands.
Parents should also check their children's nails and cut them regularly, as mud and dirt can collect under the nail and spread infection.
Teach children how to wash their hands properly
Body skin care
The skin is the largest organ in the body, covering and protecting all other organs from external factors while exposed to different types of microorganisms. The buildup of bacteria on the skin can cause body odor. Therefore, it is important to teach children how to keep their skin clean to avoid infectious diseases.
- Bathe often
- Teach children to bathe at least 1 time / day
- Teach children how to clean different parts of the body - arms, armpits, legs, feet, groin, joints, back, navel, elbows and knees.
- Use soap to shower, and dry your body after bathing.
- Teach children to wash their face, ears and neck
- Clean the private area clean
If your child doesn't like to bathe, use something that makes bathing fun in the eyes, such as using baby soap, a toy bath, and talking to him while bathing.
Bathe regularly to keep your body clean
Shampoo and comb your hair
Failure to care for children's hair and scalp can lead to problems such as head lice, dandruff, and scalp infections. Children should be taught to take care of their hair the same way they care for their skin.
- Shampoo your hair at least twice a week to keep hair free of dirt and dandruff.
- When washing your hair, teach your child to wash their hair with shampoo and rinse with clean water.
- Children prone to head lice, parents should note this, should encourage children to tie or braid hair to avoid direct contact with other children who may have head lice.
- Teach children not to share personal items such as combs, pillows and hats.
- Trimming hair regularly for children
Keep your feet clean
When bacteria on the feet come into contact with sweat, foot odor can occur. If children wear shoes all day, especially without socks, they tend to accumulate a lot of dirt on their feet.
So teach children to keep their feet clean.
- Instruct children to wash their feet whenever they come home from outside (after going out or going to school)
- Clean the feet properly by rubbing with soap between the toes, soles of the feet and under the toenails.
- Use a clean towel to dry feet
- Keep shoes clean and dry
- Always check and wash your socks regularly
Oral hygiene is just as important as hand hygiene or skin hygiene in children. An unclean mouth can produce odors and cause tooth decay.
This is how you can encourage children to keep their teeth and mouth clean.
Brush your teeth twice daily, including tongue brushing
Teach them how to floss their teeth with dental floss and remind them to do it after eating
Gargle with water after eating rice or after eating candies.
Brushing your teeth and rinsing your mouth are ways to keep your breath fresh,. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...