The Latest And Most Complete Information About Colon Polyps
If colon polyps are not detected and treated in time, they may turn into colon cancer, causing danger to health and life of patients. The following article will help readers have an overview of colon polyps, symptoms and treatments for colon polyps.
What is colon polyps?
Colon polyps are small masses of cells that form abnormally on the surface, inside or inside the large intestine. Usually, colon polyps are benign tumors. But without proper intervention and treatment, they can cause complications such as gastrointestinal bleeding, bowel obstruction or even cancer.
The cause of colon polyps
The disease can occur at any age if the patient has an inappropriate lifestyle and lifestyle. In addition, age and genetic genes from previous generations are also a risk factor for disease.
Colon polyps are a common disease involving the gastrointestinal tract
- Unreasonable diet, using too much grease, eating unhygienic foods, smoking regularly, using alcohol
- People who are overweight, obese, have a sudden increase in weight.
- Activity mode sedentary, lying or sitting a lot.
- Staying up late, always in a state of stress, fatigue
According to statistics, there are about 90% of cases of colorectal polyps in the age of 50 and very few cases in the age of 40. Therefore, doctors recommend that people aged 50 and over should be checked Regular colon screening for early colon cancer screening.
Patients who have a parent, brother, sister, or sister with colon polyps are also likely to get it. This factor increases if many family members have polyps.
Common types of colon polyps
There are 4 common types of colon polyps, including:
About two thirds of all polyps are glandular polyps and 90% of all polyps are less than 1.5 cm in size
One thing to note is that nearly all malignant polyps are glandular polyps.
Glandular polyps are divided into 3 types:
Tubular: Can be found in any segment of the colon and has a stem.
Villi (vilous): Mainly in the rectum and without stem, at highest risk of malignancy.
Pipe route - tubulovilous
Colon polyps need to be removed before it gets too big
The risk of polyps becoming cancer depends on the size and location of the colon.
A small, sessile, round, serrated polyp that is less than 5 mm in size, located at the end of the colon and rectum, also known as hyperplastic polyps, rarely becomes melanoma.
If a large, serrated polyp is usually flat (sessile), difficult to detect, and located at the beginning of the colon, there is a risk of it becoming cancer.
This form of polyps may appear after a patient has ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease. Although polyps themselves are not a significant threat, if you have two of these diseases, your risk of colon cancer increases.
Genetic polyps usually appear in patients with family members who have a history of colon polyps. These patients often have accompanying pathological manifestations in other organs and parts of the body. In addition, if a patient has a genetic mutation gene, the risk of cancer will increase even higher.
When should a colon polyp be removed?
Colon polyps are usually harmless and have no obvious symptoms or symptoms. Patients should periodically examine the colon to detect and remove polyps. During colonoscopy, if the doctor detects a lot of large polyps, especially they cause patients with abdominal pain, blood in the stool, prolonged constipation, nausea will be consulted for indications. Removing surgery, avoiding the risk of them developing into cancer.
If the patient has constipation, prolonged diarrhea, it is necessary to have polyps immediately
Colon polyps procedure
Currently, colonoscopy using polyps is very popular in all hospitals across the country.
The doctor will insert a soft endoscope, a camera-mounted end inside the colon to look for lesions, polyps and remove. The process follows these steps:
Step 1: The doctor will order a number of tests, colon cleanse colon before colonoscopy.
Step 2: Check the patient again, perform anesthesia to prepare for surgery.
Step 3: Use the colonoscope to identify the location of lesions and the location of colon polyps.
Step 4: Use specialized medical equipment to remove colon polyps by excision or electrocautery. If the polyps are large, the doctor will cut them into pieces to remove them.
Step 5: After the surgery, the doctor will biopsy the tumor to check for risk of colon cancer. If there are signs of melanoma, the patient should follow the doctor's diagnosis and treatment regimen.
Does colon colon polyp hurt?
Surgery collection. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...