The Pathology Of Wearing Inappropriate Footwear
There are many types of feet. Therefore, a style of shoe that sometimes feels comfortable with one person but hurts others. Greek feet are considered suitable and easy to wear most shoes, but only 16%.
And the Egyptian-style feet, which are relatively vulnerable due to footwear, are the majority (56%). Particularly, the group of mixed feet and Giao Chi feet - characteristic of Vietnamese people - was dubbed the "catastrophe" for shoemakers.
A pair of shoes is considered suitable when it protects the foot, does not cause pain or obstacles during operation (each type of activity needs different types of shoes), while ensuring aesthetics.
Pathology of wearing shoes that do not fit the shape of the foot
Wearing shoes that are not compatible with foot shape can cause pain in different areas such as heels, ankles, toes; even in the lower leg, knee joint or waist area due to increased pressure on the muscles.
You can easily recognize that you have been wearing inappropriate shoes when abnormal calluses appear on the heel, the area of the foot adjacent to the toes, on the back of the toes, etc
ulcers or infections and especially dangerous for people with diabetes.
People who often wear high heels, especially the pointy type, often suffer from inflammation of the lining of the soles of the feet due to excessive stretching, or inflammation and deformation of the big toe and little toe (into a sharp angle) . Excess weight gain will make the disease progress faster and worse.
In addition, when wearing sandals or shoes too wide, due to frequent rubbing or loose feet are not firmly held in the shoes, so that the feet are easily inflamed, injured (such as sprains). The tips of the toes will bend down like a bird's toes because of the effort required to hold the ground firmly while moving.
There is also a link between knee osteoarthritis and women who regularly wear heels over 5 cm.
Diseases caused by improper use of shoes
The use of inappropriate shoes (such as using running shoes, indoor exercise shoes to play football) or tying shoelaces too tight, too loose will cause foot pain, easy to fall, injury, fracture bone fatigue, inflammation or damage to tendons and ligaments
Pathological reasons raw materials
Toenails can be atrophy or deep in the corners, fungal infections caused by damp, poorly ventilated shoes, allergic eczema caused by allergies to shoe materials.
Raw materials that are too hard will damage the skin directly, if too soft, it will not protect the skin from external harmful agents. Some ingredients cause skin irritation.
Materials that are poorly ventilated, less hygroscopic or have many small cavities can be a reservoir for germs or fungi, which can easily smell.
Pathology of shoes in special subjects
- Children: Improper footwear will hinder the activity and development of muscles, which can affect the development of the skeleton.
- Elderly people: Often have problems with the eyes and joints so prone to slip, injury.
- People with diabetes: Diabetic foot disease due to neurological complications, easily infected by skin wounds.
A good pair of shoes must meet the following criteria:
- Respect some technical rules in design and production.
- Safe materials, less irritation, good hygroscopic; hard enough to protect, but also soft enough, not smooth to damage the skin (natural materials like leather are considered to be the best)
- Solid base, grip.
- Less slippery.
- Included accessories such as sole pads, wedges or nose and heel pads.
- For toddlers, shoes must be very soft, only for children to walk on the smooth carpet in the house. At school age, the sole is thicker and thicker but must be flexible to accommodate the child's hyperactivity.
- For patients with diabetes and chronic arthritis, choose shoes that are soft, smooth, fit and have the right shape, especially when the foot is deformed.
- For sports players, shoe soles must be flexible, thick, fit, hug the ankles, with damping, laces moderately.
Some issues to note about footwear use
Most people think that their feet do not change after puberty and always have a fixed number for their foot size. In the United States, 25% of respondents don't remember when they last measured or measured their feet.
So up to 72% don't wear the right shoe size. Meanwhile, surveys show that about 4-7% of the population needs to wear special shoes that fit their foot shape. The correct shoe size for the foot must be noted both vertically and horizontally as follows:
- Length: Measure from heel to toe longest + 2/3 cm.
- Width: The widest part of the shoe corresponds to the index from the thumb to the little toe in the area between the toes and the instep.
Heel height should not be more than 5 cm, heel width 2 cm, slope angle (slope) moderate, the tip of the shoe must be reasonably upturned with the step.
Should go buy shoes in the afternoon. Check the strength and elasticity of the sole by folding and twisting this area. Change shoes at least every 2 days.
Shoes should be kept in a well-ventilated place for at least 8 hours before putting them in a cabinet or box. Change socks every day.
Quit. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- The World Health Organization has warned of an antibiotic crisis, meaning that antibiotics will become more and more useless due to drug-resistant bacteria. We could soon run out of all new antibiotics and start dying from infections that we learned to treat 100 years ago. The catastrophe could be ...According to Assoc. Dr. Tran Dac Phu, complicated changes of pathogens caused by viruses and bacteria are the cause of many diseases (especially in the summer) in many countries, including Vietnam. Mr. Phu shared, besides the diseases that have been eliminated, such as smallpox, polio, neonatal ...According to Assoc. On the one hand, acknowledging the results achieved in the prevention of epidemics in Vietnam over the past time, Mr. Tran Dac Phu still expressed his concern about the constant change of viruses and bacteria, especially in summer time. Hot weather combined with other factors ...Avoid going outdoors when the sun is hot in the middle of the day, trying to drink enough water with little other feeling, wear anti-glare glasses ... are things the elderly should pay attention to during the dry season to limit the risk of stroke. Lan Lan () Lan Lan () According to the search key: ...80% of the population suffers from life back problems, low back pain is the most common cause of disability in the world. Le Nguyen (Theo Visually) According to theNew US research shows that divorced people are at a higher risk of heart attack than groups of the same age who are maintaining marriage. Photo: BBC. The study, published in the journal Circulation, argues that the chronic stress caused by divorce has long-term effects on a person's overall health. ...Passive smoking increases the risk of gum disease by 62%, according to new research by the University of North Carolina scientists. The above results are drawn after analyzing the medical records of more than 3,000 non-smokers aged 20. Volunteers are given oral examination and blood samples are ...Scientists have taken breathing air samples from hundreds of patients to analyze the chemical integration, helping to detect the potential risk of stomach cancer. Stomach cancer can be detected early through the breath. Photo: BBC. According to the BBC, stomach cancer affects about 7,300 people in ...Avoid spicy and sour foods until the sores heal. You can rinse your mouth with warm, thin salt water 2 times a day. An oral ulcer can be a manifestation of many diseases such as canker sores (often referred to as canker sores), ulcers caused by the herpes virus, ulcers caused by bacteria that cause ...Sunstroke, boils, diarrhea, malaria ... are children's diseases that can be encountered in the summer and you can completely help prevent them in a number of simple and effective ways. Sun stroke Summer can be great for kids because it's not learning and just having fun makes them excited. Children ...