The Role Of Vitamin B2 For Pregnant Women
Vitamin B2 works to promote height, sight, especially important in the development of the fetus' bones, muscles and nervous system.
What is vitamin B2?
Vitamin B2, also known as Riboflavin, is a vitamin of the Vitamin B group. Vitamin B2 in the body functions to convert fats and proteins, converting carbohydrates into glucose needed to provide energy for the body.
Vitamin B2 is found in many everyday food items, but the properties of vitamin B2 are water-soluble so it is easily released from the body. Therefore, it is important to include foods rich in Vitamin B2 in the daily diet of pregnant women
The importance of vitamin B2 in pregnancy
For children, vitamin B2 is an essential vitamin that helps the body produce energy, promote baby's development such as good eyesight, healthy skin, bone, muscle and nerve development.
For pregnant women, morning sickness and nausea make the body tired, if used in the right amount of Vitamin B2 will be able to combat fatigue and feel energetic
A deficiency of this vitamin can trigger pre-eclampsia or may increase the chances of your baby having a birth defect.
The amount of vitamin B2 needed
During pregnancy, vitamin B2 should only be used if prescribed by a doctor. In addition, the body gets enough vitamin B2 through a healthy diet and multivitamins.
It is recommended to supplement with about 1.2 to 1.3 milligrams of vitamin B2 per day. However, during pregnancy, the dose should be increased to 0
4 milligrams in daily vitamin intake.
During pregnancy and lactation, women need more riboflavin than usual.
- Pregnant women: 1.4mg / day.
- Breastfeeding women: 1.6mg / day
If you do not need vitamin B2: If you get enough vitamin B2 through a good diet including dairy products, eggs, meat, vegetables, cereals ...
then there is no need to supplement vitamin B2 with medicines.
Signs of vitamin B2 deficiency
Typical symptoms of vitamin B2 deficiency are:
- Swollen / painful throat.
- Tongue swelling
- Chapped skin (including the corner of the mouth)
- Eyes blurred, itchy, become sensitive to light
Vitamin B2 deficiency occurs when our diet lacks the recommended amount of Vitamin B2. This causes skin lesions, gastrointestinal lesions or sometimes neurological disorders.
Some symptoms of vitamin B2 disorders include:
- Cracks and dryness of lip surface
- Swollen lips
- Ulcers and cracks on the corners of the mouth
- Rash and scaly skin in scrotum and vulva
- Tongue ulcers
- Eyes sensitive, red and itchy
- Numb hands
Foods rich in vitamin B2 should be supplemented by pregnant mothers
Some studies show that mothers who do not get enough vitamin B2 during pregnancy are at an increased risk of pre-eclampsia. Vitamin B2 participates in the oxidative recovery reaction, promotes the development of the body, has a liver tonic effect, promotes the process of milk secretion, prevents itching - an unpleasant condition that the pregnant mother or encounter during pregnancy.
Milk, bread and cereals are good sources of vitamin B2.
Wheat flour is also rich in this vitamin. Please try:
- A cup of low-fat yogurt: 0.5mg.
- 1 piece of hard-boiled egg: 0.3mg.
- ½ cup of soy beans: 0.3mg.
- ½ bowl cooked cooked mushrooms: 0.
- ½ bowl of cheese: 0.2mg.
- ½ bowl cooked spinach: 0.2mg.
Light can destroy riboflavin, so store food in a cool, shady place.
Frequently asked questions about vitamin B2 during pregnancy
1. Who is at risk of vitamin B2 deficiency?
Pregnant women, especially vegetarians, with lactose or gluten intolerance or eating disorders such as anorexia, are likely to be deficient in vitamin B2.
2. Is it safe to take vitamin B2 during pregnancy?
Vitamin B2 supplement should only be taken after consulting a doctor or only when prescribed by a doctor.
On the other hand, a healthy diet includes green leafy vegetables, meat, cereals, cereals, skimmed milk, yogurt, nuts, eggs, and prenatal multivitamin supplements as indicated. A doctor's dose is sufficient to meet the recommended daily dose of vitamin B2 for pregnant women.
3. Is it necessary to eat foods rich in vitamin B2 every day of pregnancy?
Vitamin B2 is easily soluble in water, so it is easily removed from the body through urine and sweat. The body cannot store much vitamin B2. Therefore, it is essential to eat foods rich in vitamin B2 every day.
4. What happens if I take too much vitamin B2 during pregnancy?
Because of the water-soluble vitamin B2, which exits the body through urine and sweat, it is rare for the body to have an excess of vitamin B2.
However, an overdose of vitamin B2 during pregnancy at the same time can cause some side effects:
- Pee often
- Sensitivity to light
- Allergic reactions such as hives, swelling of the lips, tongue or face
In rare cases, people may have a severe allergic reaction or breathing problems.. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...