Things To Know About Pregnancy Hypertension
Below is information about high blood pressure during pregnancy and how to take care of yourself as well as your unborn baby during 9 months and 10 days.
What is high blood pressure during pregnancy?
High blood pressure or hypertension is defined as when the blood pressure reading is greater than or equal to 130 / 80mm Hg. This condition is of great concern to pregnant women. However, if well controlled, high blood pressure during pregnancy is not always dangerous. Therefore, the best way is early detection and timely treatment to minimize the possible complications for both mother and baby. And the following article will provide the necessary information related to this disease and the medicines that mothers can use during pregnancy.
The risks of pregnancy hypertension
High blood pressure during pregnancy leads to many different risks, including:
- Reduced blood flow to the placenta: This reduces the supply of oxygen and nutrients to the fetus, which can slow the baby's growth and low weight at birth.
- Premature detachment: Early placenta separates from the uterus
- Premature birth.
- Increased risk of cardiovascular disease for mothers later: Mothers with pre-eclampsia (with signs of high blood pressure and protein in urine after 20 weeks) may increase the risk of cardiovascular disease after birth, despite blood pressure back to normal.
-HELLP syndrome: HELLP is a typical pregnancy complication associated with hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes and low platelet counts. This condition is extremely serious and life-threatening and is considered a complication of pre-eclampsia.
Symptoms related to HELLP include: nausea, vomiting, headache, upper abdominal pain ..
emergency treatment from a doctor to lower blood pressure and in some cases women may have to undergo preterm labor.
Pregnancy blood pressure can bring dangerous risks for pregnant women
Risk factors for increased risk of hypertension in pregnant women
There are several risk factors that can increase a woman's risk of developing high blood pressure during pregnancy:
Making unhealthy lifestyle choices in combination with an uncontrolled diet can lead to high blood pressure during pregnancy. Being overweight or obese, or being inactive are the main risk factors for high blood pressure in women during pregnancy.
Double pregnancy or multiple pregnancy
Women who experience their first pregnancy are more likely to have high blood pressure. However, if well controlled, the mother will be less likely to get pregnant again in the next pregnancy. In addition, women who are pregnant with twins or more are at higher risk for hypertension than single pregnant women, because the body will now have to work many times to nurture the baby.
Age can also be a factor in the risk of developing high blood pressure, in particular pregnant women over 35 will have a higher incidence than 20 to 30 years of age.
In addition, women with high blood pressure before pregnancy were at higher risk of related complications during pregnancy compared to those with normal blood pressure.
Lifestyle, age and pregnancy are all factors that increase the risk of high blood pressure in pregnant women
Forms of pregnancy hypertension
In some cases, high blood pressure appears before pregnancy. In other cases, high blood pressure appears when pregnant.
- Chronic hypertension: High blood pressure appears before pregnancy, continues to develop after pregnancy, can even last more than 12 weeks after birth.
- Hypertension in pregnancy: Hypertension appears after 20 weeks of pregnancy and usually disappears after birth.
- Pre-eclampsia: Chronic hypertension or pregnancy hypertension can lead to pre-eclampsia. If left untreated, it can cause even fatal complications for the mother and baby.
Things to know about pre-eclampsia: Signs of pre-eclampsia that may appear gradually or suddenly, usually in the last few weeks of pregnancy, may include:
+ Constant headache.
+ Vision changes, including blurred vision, blurred spots, and photosensitivity.
+ Upper abdominal pain, usually below the ribs on the right.
+ Nausea or vomiting, shortness of breath
+ Impaired liver function
+ Reduce the level of platelets in the blood
+ Excess protein in urine (proteinuria)
Sudden weight gain, which can increase to 2.3 kg a week and swelling of the face and hands (however, this symptom also occurs in normal pregnant women so only this sign appears but it is not possible. Conclusion of pregnant woman with pre-eclampsia)
If signs of pre-eclampsia are detected, pregnant women will be closely monitored by a doctor. Rest at home or in the hospital may be assigned to the pregnant woman, or more seriously, the woman will be assigned to give birth early.
How to detect high blood pressure in pregnant women?
Regular monitoring of blood pressure is an important part of prenatal care. If the woman has chronic hypertension, the doctor will see. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...