Tinnitus In The Elderly
Tinnitus is a noise like a ringing or buzzing sound that you can hear, but the noise does not come from outside the ear, but may be from within one ear or both ears or even not knowing they are coming. from where.
The effects of tinnitus
Many people have only mild tinnitus, which is not too bad. However, about 1 in 100 people with tinnitus seriously affects the quality of life. In some cases tinnitus is related to another problem
There are many types of sounds that are really annoying when you have ringing in the ears, which can be like bells, whistling sounds, buzzing, whistles, roaring, noises, mechanical noises, etc
Sometimes the person feels very uncomfortable when the sounds come from inside one ear and then both ears and sometimes tortures the patient's mind when it is impossible to find out where the sound is coming from.
Quiet times are the times when people with tinnitus feel the most uncomfortable, because then the intensity of the sound increases and disturbs the resting moments such as when relaxing, when going to bed or when you are feeling sick. Feeling tired needs rest, the noise will torment you again.
When you have tinnitus, you become more sensitive than others to the sounds around you. You will simply feel uncomfortable or even experience pain when listening to the sound from the speakers, the TV is being kept at a normal sound level. You will find it very troublesome to go to crowded places and to play many different types of sounds. Even then you will become irritable, tired and avoid going out or going to a crowded place
What has caused tinnitus
Many elderly people suffer from tinnitus without finding the cause.
The process of sound transmission is explained as the signals that are transmitted from the nerves of the ear to the hearing part of the brain. The brain recognizes which signals are noise and is what causes the brain to transmit these noises to the ear. Noise may also originate elsewhere in the auditory nerve in the brain.
Specifically, the following causes of tinnitus in the elderly:
- Developing at the same time with hearing loss in the elderly.
- Exposure to very loud noises. Some people develop persistent tinnitus after suffering from loud noise for a long time. For example, after many years working in a big factory. Sometimes permanent tinnitus persists after a loud noise experience.
For example, after a rock concert.
- A common side effect for some medications. For example, aspirin and quinine.
- After an ear or head injury.
- Some other ear disorders like sclerosis.
- A number of common diseases of the blood vessels, brain, or nerves can cause tinnitus. In these cases you may have other symptoms or signs such as nervous weakness, etc. However, rarely, tinnitus may be the first symptom to develop.
Tinnitus can sometimes be a feature of an iron deficiency in the body (anemia), thyroid disease or diabetes.
A tumor called a sound neuroma sometimes causes tinnitus, which usually lasts long and only in one ear. If you feel the noise is coming from only one ear, you should see your doctor for a check.
- Ear infections: Tinnitus tends to be clear when the ear is infected.
- Psychological factors may have an influence on tinnitus. For example, mild tinnitus will make you more uncomfortable if you are experiencing psychological problems such as depression, anxiety or stress.
Home solution for people with tinnitus
In fact, it is difficult to find out the exact cause of tinnitus in the elderly, so the complete cure of this disease also faces a number of difficulties and in most cases. The disease is not cured.
However, there are certain measures to help tinnitus does not affect too much life.
- If the doctor concludes that you have tinnitus due to the side effects of some medications, the treatment becomes simpler, when you stop taking the medicine and replace it with other medicines, the situation will become comfortable. than. Antidepressant medications also work to treat if depression causes tinnitus symptoms.
- For quite annoying sounds that linger in your ears, it's best to avoid being home alone in a completely quiet space, you will easily focus on those annoying noises and suffer from it. completely if you have nothing else to listen to. So open the window so that the outside sound can come in, wear a music player or listen to television or radio. Pleasant sounds can help alleviate tinnitus.
Wear a small music player, to balance the sound and distract your ears. Practice getting used to tinnitus, over time you will become accustomed to the sounds and feel more comfortable.
- When going to bed is also a quiet time you need to drop yourself in. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...