Use Cough Medicines For Children
Coughing is a common symptom. Particularly in children very susceptible to cough due to susceptible to respiratory infections, ENT diseases brought to cough receptors irritated.
Babies cough and cough medicine
A cough is a protective physiological reflex. It is through coughing, which is manifested by the strong exhalation that helps clean the airway, expel mucus, secretions or foreign matter into the airways, helping the respiratory tract to function properly.
There are some cases, such as bronchial asthma, acute bronchitis, needing cough to expel mucus and using cough reflex suppressant is not beneficial, only harmful. In children should only use cough medicine when children dry cough, excessive coughing, causing fatigue, vomiting, insomnia.
Children may also cough due to a cold, especially during the rainy season. In case of a cold, even sore throat (sore throat in children often caused by a viral infection) causes a cough
However, many parents often worry and care when they see a child cough, giving children cough medicine right away.
The most commonly used cough medicine is antihistamines, which have anti-allergic effects but also soothe, relieve coughs, and syrups for children in the form of a syrup or liquid. The drug only contains one antihistamine active ingredient: Phénergan syrup, Théralène syrup.
And drugs containing many components to reduce cough (including antihistamines and cough suppressants are dextromethorphan), Pulmofar liquid, Toplexil syrup, Atussin syrup ... Dose of syrup form is calculated by spoon or measuring device engraved Draw the line with the medication, how the dose for the child will be based on the instructions for use of the drug or ask the pharmacist at the pharmacy for information
In particular, cough medicines contain active ingredients containing antihistamines that have a side effect of causing drowsiness.
Unfortunately, there are some parents who abuse the drowsiness side effect of giving their children Phénergan or Théralène syrup like a sleeping pill so they don't disturb, don't cry at night and use it for a few days, from month to month ( !). Used as if it is very harmful to the health of children.
The latest medical information recommends that children under 2 years of age not use cough medicines containing antihistamines (such as Phénergan syrup) because they are too small to cause irritation and seizures.
- When seeing a child coughing and have given some common cough medicine such as anti-allergy syrup for cough treatment mentioned above for several days for no more than 3 days, or seeing the child coughing but breathing method, abnormal breathing rate such as: rapid breathing from 50 times / minute or more, difficult breathing, chest concave on inhalation or difficulty breathing asthma-style, should take the child to a medical facility or doctor immediately for medical treatment.
- Need special attention, there are cough medicines in ingredients containing CODEIN (such as brand name Neocodion, Eucalyptine, Terpine Gonnon, Terpine-codeine ...) only for adults, not for children.
There were children too young codeine poisoning was lethargic, stopped breathing.
- If the child coughs and has given the child anti-allergic cough syrup for three days without feeling better, he should be examined. At this time, it is clear to choose when to use medicines for dry cough, when to take phlegm thinners, even antibiotics, corticosteroid anti-inflammatory drugs, only a doctor who is professionally knowledgeable medicine. Sometimes, it is the doctor's examination that finds a child with a cough due to an object in the airway.
- There are some cases where we see doctors treating coughs for children who take antibiotics because they have identified a cough as a symptom of respiratory tract infection or determined to have superinfection. Sometimes doctors give children corticoid anti-inflammatory drugs (such as prenisone, prednisolone, dexamethasone ...
) when children have severe respiratory infections (pneumonia, bronchitis ...). Or to treat a cough with thick, difficult sputum, there is a medicine that dilutes the phlegm, which reduces the consistency of mucus in the bronchus, such as Mucomyst, Exomuc, etc. which are also prescribed for children. Please be emphasized, drugs such as antibiotics, anti-inflammatory corticosteroids must be given to the doctor for medical examination for children appointed, parents should not arbitrarily seek to buy for children to use, misuse will be harmful to children.
Prof.Dr. Nguyen Huu Duc. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- The World Health Organization has warned of an antibiotic crisis, meaning that antibiotics will become more and more useless due to drug-resistant bacteria. We could soon run out of all new antibiotics and start dying from infections that we learned to treat 100 years ago. The catastrophe could be ...According to Assoc. Dr. Tran Dac Phu, complicated changes of pathogens caused by viruses and bacteria are the cause of many diseases (especially in the summer) in many countries, including Vietnam. Mr. Phu shared, besides the diseases that have been eliminated, such as smallpox, polio, neonatal ...According to Assoc. On the one hand, acknowledging the results achieved in the prevention of epidemics in Vietnam over the past time, Mr. Tran Dac Phu still expressed his concern about the constant change of viruses and bacteria, especially in summer time. Hot weather combined with other factors ...Avoid going outdoors when the sun is hot in the middle of the day, trying to drink enough water with little other feeling, wear anti-glare glasses ... are things the elderly should pay attention to during the dry season to limit the risk of stroke. Lan Lan () Lan Lan () According to the search key: ...80% of the population suffers from life back problems, low back pain is the most common cause of disability in the world. Le Nguyen (Theo Visually) According to theNew US research shows that divorced people are at a higher risk of heart attack than groups of the same age who are maintaining marriage. Photo: BBC. The study, published in the journal Circulation, argues that the chronic stress caused by divorce has long-term effects on a person's overall health. ...Passive smoking increases the risk of gum disease by 62%, according to new research by the University of North Carolina scientists. The above results are drawn after analyzing the medical records of more than 3,000 non-smokers aged 20. Volunteers are given oral examination and blood samples are ...Scientists have taken breathing air samples from hundreds of patients to analyze the chemical integration, helping to detect the potential risk of stomach cancer. Stomach cancer can be detected early through the breath. Photo: BBC. According to the BBC, stomach cancer affects about 7,300 people in ...Avoid spicy and sour foods until the sores heal. You can rinse your mouth with warm, thin salt water 2 times a day. An oral ulcer can be a manifestation of many diseases such as canker sores (often referred to as canker sores), ulcers caused by the herpes virus, ulcers caused by bacteria that cause ...Sunstroke, boils, diarrhea, malaria ... are children's diseases that can be encountered in the summer and you can completely help prevent them in a number of simple and effective ways. Sun stroke Summer can be great for kids because it's not learning and just having fun makes them excited. Children ...