Use Of Drugs To Treat Gastritis-duodenum In Pregnant Women
When pregnant, women often face some significant problems in the body due to physiological and hormonal changes. Including the gastrointestinal manifestations such as nausea, vomiting, pain in the epigastrium, flatulence ... symptoms of peptic ulcer disease
Gastritis occurs when the lining of the intestine or stomach is eroded. Corrosion affects the acid of the stomach, and damages the stomach walls. In addition to gastritis, there are a number of other disorders related to the digestive system that are common during pregnancy
The most common gastrointestinal diseases during pregnancy are as follows:
- Vomiting and nausea
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Inflammatory bowel disease
Nausea and vomiting are common symptoms of pregnancy.
In addition, gastroesophageal reflux disease is quite common, however, gastritis is less common in pregnant women and less complicated.
Nausea is a symptom of gastritis
Causes of stomach ulcers during pregnancy
There is no known cause of gastritis. This disease occurs due to an imbalance of digestive fluid in the stomach and duodenum. In addition, gastritis occurs due to a bacterial infection called Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori).
Symptoms of gastritis during pregnancy
Here are some symptoms of gastritis during pregnancy:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Severe pain in the middle or upper abdomen.
- Dark or black stools due to bleeding
- Weight loss
Diagnosis of gastritis during pregnancy
Endoscopy of gastric esophagus is a method to diagnose gastritis during pregnancy.
However, the method is used only when the symptoms become severe. In addition, when there are complications such as bleeding or a stomach obstruction, using this method will be very helpful.
Medicine to treat gastritis during pregnancy
Most drugs have an effect on the health of the mother and fetus, so need to be very careful, careful consideration of benefits and risks when taking the drug. For the most part, drugs from the mother's blood can cross the placenta into the bloodstream causing harm to the fetus. Specifically:
- The first 3 months of pregnancy: Is the period of formation of organs (heart, central nervous system, hands, feet ...).
Some drugs interfere with this process and cause birth defects and abnormalities.
- 3 months between pregnancy: maturity and completion. At this stage, the fetus is less sensitive to the drug so it is less harmful. However, there are still differentiated parts such as the external nervous system and genitals so the drug can harm these organs.
- The last 3 months: The stage when the fetal organs have been formed fully but not yet perfect, such as the liver has not done well the metabolic function, the kidney has not done well the elimination function. While the placenta has changed (thinner), many drugs can rush into the fetus. At this stage the drug is harmful to the fetus, to the baby born and to the mother during childbirth.
A doctor's advice is required before using medications to treat gastritis during pregnancy
Note a few things when using medicines to treat symptoms such as peptic ulcer:
- Vomiting, nausea: Do not arbitrarily use anti-nausea drug domperidon.
Although the drug does not cause birth defects, it can cause rapid ventricular tachycardia, which is dangerous to the life of the mother. If you vomit a lot, you can give antihistamines allergy medicine
- Painkillers: Currently, there are no reliable and valid data to evaluate the trimebutine's teratogenic or toxic effects when used in pregnancy. Therefore, for safety reasons, caution should not be taken during the first trimester of pregnancy. In the later stages of pregnancy, it is only used when it is considered absolutely necessary.
- The drug belongs to anti-acid group, does not cause increased acid secretion, protects the esophageal mucosa, stomach (aluminum). Long-acting, fast acting antacids bring gastric secretions back to physiological acid levels. These properties reduce stomach pain.
Clinically, monitoring the use of antacids in pregnant women has not shown signs of teratogenicity, deformity due to the effects of the drug.
Therefore, it can be used for pregnant women if needed.
- Proton pump inhibitor (PPI) drugs should only be used in pregnant women if absolutely necessary. Some principles when using the drug for pregnant women:
Pregnant women are best not to take medicine when it is not needed.
When it is required to use medicine even with drugs not on the list of drugs to be prescribed, there must also be indications and supervision of physicians, not arbitrarily used. Because this safety is relative and only available when used exactly as directed by a physician.
When mandatory to use the drug should be low enough to cure the disease should not impatient want to immediately, do not use high doses.
Prevent gastritis during pregnancy
Avoid some foods
If you have gastritis during pregnancy, you should avoid foods that worsen the disorder. Here are some foods that pregnant women should avoid when they have gastritis:
- Foods high in fat
- Citrus juice
If you are pregnant and have gastritis, you should avoid taking c.
. Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...