Viral Hepatitis: Classification, Symptoms And Treatment
Viral hepatitis is a disease caused by a virus and is an infectious disease. Most people only find out when the disease has advanced to the advanced stage because in the early stages of hepatitis there are no obvious symptoms. There are 6 types of viruses that cause hepatitis, namely A, B, C, D, E, G. Each type has different properties and potential to cause disease, so the symptoms and treatments are quite diverse.
What is viral hepatitis?
Viral hepatitis is a condition where the virus is invaded by the virus and causes liver cells to become inflamed and damaged
Types of viral hepatitis
Since 1973 the hepatitis A virus was discovered, spread by eating and drinking due to contaminated food and water. Vaccines are now available to prevent hepatitis A. Hepatitis A is benign, does not turn into chronic and can be completely cured but can be re-infected.
Hepatitis is caused by many viruses
The hepatitis B virus has a very small structure, when infected, the patient's liver will swell, which can cause serious damage. Hepatitis B becomes chronic leading to complications such as liver scarring, cirrhosis, hepatocellular carcinoma. 20 years ago, there was a vaccine against the disease, the prevention effect was up to 95%. So far there is no way to completely cure hepatitis B
Hepatitis C virus has been found since 1989 with genetic diversity but so far there is no vaccine to prevent this disease because there is no suitable and diverse cell culture system of the genotype.
Despite being cured, the body can still get re-infected with hepatitis C. And up to 80% of people with chronic hepatitis C will have it.
This is an incomplete virus (only the shellless nucleus) was discovered in 1977. Therefore it cannot independently cause disease but must be co-infected or superinfected with hepatitis B to be able to cause disease. Currently there is a vaccine to prevent hepatitis D.
The course is benign, completely cured and not reinfected. If pregnant women are infected with hepatitis E, they are at a higher risk of becoming malignant hepatitis and have a high mortality rate. The hepatitis E virus has been found since 1991, so far there has been no vaccination vaccine in our country.
25% of hepatitis G is similar to hepatitis C but its role is not clear. More than 70% of people with this disease do not have clinical manifestations.
The cause of viral hepatitis
The cause of viral hepatitis is mainly in contact with the blood of patients with open wounds or blood transfusions with hepatitis virus. By mother to children, due to unprotected sex with patients. Due to the common use of needles, tattooing, piercing and piercing, nail and pedicure tools. And by ingesting contaminated food and water.
Symptoms of viral hepatitis
Incubation period: No clinical symptoms. The incubation period depends on each type of hepatitis virus, ranging from 15 to 180 days.
Viral hepatitis can cause hepatomegaly, bloating, and edema
The onset period: The patient presents with fever, pain in the lower right flank, fatigue not wanting to walk, dark yellow urine.
The period of exacerbation: jaundice, itchy skin, enlarged liver, splenomegaly, anorexia, fatigue, pain, gastrointestinal disorders, fecal stools, light and dark urine like condensed water. The test will see elevated liver enzymes, elevated Transaminases, increased bilirubin ...
Recovery period: Symptoms gradually decrease, starting with polyuria (the amount of urine increases, patients urinate more often), the urine becomes clearer. Liver spleen gradually returned to normal, the pain subsided so patients eat and sleep better. Joint pain.
The test indicators gradually return to normal.
Is viral hepatitis contagious?
Viral hepatitis is caused by a virus that enters the body causing damage and impairing liver function. Therefore, viral hepatitis is a contagious disease that spreads rapidly from an infected person to a healthy one if not promptly prevented and controlled.
There are many routes of infection such as: mother to child transmission, blood sugar, digestive tract, sexual route ...
Diagnosis of viral hepatitis
- The course of the disease has 2 distinct periods: fever onset and fever after jaundice
- Clinical diagnosis through symptoms: hepatomegaly, softness, pain in the area of the liver, loose stools, dark yellow urine ..
Subclinical diagnosis (laboratory)
- Elevated liver enzymes (SGOT, SGPT), in which SGPT is usually higher than SGOT
- Blood bilirubin increases
- Diagnostic tests for etiology: HBsAg, anti HCV, anti-HBB IgM ..
Methods of treatment of viral hepatitis
- Hepatitis A: Almost all patients with liver A will recover by abstaining from alcohol and drugs without treatment. And in fact, there is no medicine or cure for hepatitis A yet
Depending on the situation, the doctor may prescribe medication
- Hepatitis B: Treatment for hepatitis B under two types: Antiviral drugs (enofovir disoproxil (Viread / TDF), Tenofovir alafenamide (Vemlidy / TAF), Entecavir (Baraclude), Pegylated interferon alfa (PEG-IF. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...