What Does Colonoscopy Look Like?
Currently, colonoscopy is a simple, safe, painless method that helps doctors detect and diagnose some digestive tract diseases such as colon cancer, colon polype, and affected areas. inflammation or bleeding in the colon.
The following advice will be useful information to help readers understand more about colonoscopy and colonoscopy process.
What is colonoscopy?
Colonoscopy helps detect abnormalities such as foreign bodies, ulcers, polyps and tumors through a small, flexible endoscope with a camera at the end of the tube.
This endoscope is threaded from the anus into the inside of the colon down to the cecum (the area between the small intestine and the large intestine), the image obtained through the camera will be magnified and projected on the screen, helping the doctor Observe the entire colon and the end of the small intestine
Colonoscopy helps to detect abnormalities early
Why must colonoscopy?
Endoscopy to find or screen for some diseases as follows:
- Screening for colon cancer.
- Polyps colon.
- Bag of excess colon
- Find the foreign object
- Find parasites.
Who has colonoscopy?
If you have the following signs or family history, you should have a colonoscopy
Pain in the lower abdomen, diarrhea or prolonged constipation. Stools with blood or mucus, the stool is black.
Patients with a history of colon polyps, colon cancer, or in a family with a relative who has previously suffered from the above diseases need colonoscopy to screen for the disease.
People age 40 and older want to get screened for cancer early.
The doctor found out that the patient had an abnormal X-ray or CT scan of the colon.
Colonoscopy may be required as soon as there are abnormal signs
Colonoscopy process like
The colonoscopy is carried out in a closed procedure including:
- Oral enema cleansing colon.
- Anesthetize patients
- The doctor can talk to the patient to help the patient relieve anxiety and stress.
The patient is instructed to lie on his left side. The doctor will put the endoscope through the anal canal, into the rectum, colon. When scanning the patient's colon, it is easy for the doctor to identify and observe the lesions.
During colonoscopy, the patient may experience abdominal pain. Patients should not be too worried, need to stay calm, lie still and inform a doctor if they are too sore. The feeling of abdominal pain will go away after the procedure ends.
- The doctor will rely on the results of the colonoscopy to make a definite diagnosis and treat the patient.
In addition, the doctor will give advice to help patients recover quickly after the procedure of endoscopy: nutrition, resting activities, etc.
- Patients should rest and relax until all discomfort in the abdomen
- Many patients after colonoscopy often experience dull ache in the abdomen, abdominal distention, often squeezing but not going to the toilet. These are problems that usually occur after the end of the procedure and will go away the next day
- If serious complications such as fever, severe pain, dizziness, patients are found, they should stay in the hospital to be monitored by a doctor.
Read colonoscopy results
The doctor can eliminate the cause of colon diseases and redirect the diagnosis and treatment to another direction.
For colonoscopy patients to screen for early cancer, with normal colon results, patients can be assured temporarily. However, patients should pay attention to regular examinations and examinations to detect dangerous lesions and pathologies related to the colon.
Based on the results of colonoscopy, the doctor will make the diagnosis and the treatment depending on the situation:
- In case of detecting abnormal lesions on the colon mucosa such as inflammation, tumors ..
. the endoscopic doctor will conduct a biopsy to ascertain the nature of the lesions.
- In case of colon polyps, there is a coagulation test: Endoscopic polyp is removed.
- In case of ulcer hemorrhage: Hemodialysis by electrocautery or clamping hemostasis with clip.
- In case of bleeding hemorrhoids: Tie hemorrhoids with a rubber ring.
- In case of anomaly: Removing the object by endoscopy with specialized equipment
The process of colonoscopy takes place quickly, gently
Complications that can be encountered after colonoscopy
- The complications occur during colonoscopy such as bleeding (at the biopsy site or polyps), perforation of the colon is very small, the rate is only 0.1 - 0.5%.
- In addition, cardiovascular and respiratory complications such as heart failure, respiratory failure, and anesthetic allergy complications.
- Although the rate of complications after colonoscopy is very low, patients should not be subjective. If there are symptoms such as severe abdominal pain, fever, chills or bloody bowel movements, the patient should inform. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...