What Is Liver Function? Is Liver Dysfunction And Liver Function Impairment Dangerous?
The liver is likened to the body's "detox factory". Because of many different causes such as alcohol, bacteria, viruses, prolonged use of drugs or unscientific lifestyles ... liver function is seriously affected.
What is the function of the liver?
According to many researchers, the liver performs about 500 separate functions to ensure the life-sustaining activity of the body. Here are the main functions of the liver:
Metabolism of nutrients
The first important function of the liver is to convert food into essential nutrients for the body such as fats, carbohydrates and proteins .
- Carbohydrate metabolism: In carbohydrate metabolism, the role of the liver is to help stabilize blood sugar. If blood sugar rises, the liver pushes sugar out of the blood and stores it as glycogen. If blood sugar is too low, the liver breaks down glycogen and pushes sugar into the blood.
- Fat metabolism: The liver cells secrete bile fluid that helps absorb and break down fat to create energy.
- Protein metabolism: The liver plays an important role in protein metabolism. Liver cells "reform" the amino acids found in food so the body can use them to produce energy or nutrients needed to feed the body.
Function of purifying and eliminating toxins
The liver promotes its detoxification role by treating and converting toxic substances into less toxic substances called urea and then pushing them back into the bloodstream
In addition, the liver makes several important proteins during blood clotting with the help of vitamin K. Creating new blood cells is also one of the important functions of the liver.
The liver is responsible for many important functions of the body
Storing energy as glycogen
Similar to the accumulation and release of sugar, the liver is also a storage organ for other vitamins and minerals (vitamin B12, folic acid, iron, vitamin A, vitamin D, vitami n K ...) and release, push they enter the blood again as needed to nourish the body.
Synthetic function of the liver
- Protein synthesis: Liver cells are responsible for producing nearly 50% of the protein in the body. Therefore, the liver can regenerate itself if part of it is removed.
- Synthesis of factors in blood clotting such as fibrinogen, protrombin complex, heparin.
- Synthesis of angiotensinogen hormone - helps regulate blood pressure.
- Synthesis of albumin - the most common protein in serum.
Every day the liver produces about 80 - 1000ml of bile, which is put into the bile duct, part of the duodenum to digest and absorb fat, cholesterol and some vitamins. Bile contains bile salts, bile pigments, cholesterol, bilirubin, electrolytes and water.
- Converting drugs absorbed from the digestive tract into a form that has an effect on the body.
- The liver is the main organ of erythropoiesis in the first 3 months of pregnancy. It was not until the 32nd week that the bone marrow began to undertake this function.
- The life cycle of red blood cells is 120 days, after measuring a part of red blood cells, the liver will be converted into products that go into bile fluid in the form of bile pigments.
- The liver contains Kupfler cells (macrophages) to help prevent and destroy pathogens from entering the liver and intestine.
- The liver helps maintain the balance of hormones in the body.
What is liver dysfunction?
Liver dysfunction is a sign when the liver is damaged, unable to properly and fully perform its inherent functions. Every day, the liver has to perform more than 500 functions such as synthesis, analysis, elimination, metabolism ... and continuous, relentless activity to transform life-sustaining substances for the body and purify substances.
Toxic poison helps protect health.
When the liver is damaged, it is impossible to fully and correctly perform these functions due to overwork when the body is loaded with too much energy or toxic substances. Gradually will cause liver dysfunction.
The cause of liver dysfunction
- Eating without science: A diet high in fat, cholesterol, fried foods, foods with additives ... or lack of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals are the leading causes to liver dysfunction.
- Unhealthy lifestyle: Some bad habits such as staying up late, sleeping late, working too hard; drinking alcohol, smoking .
.. seriously affects the liver.
- Indiscriminate use of drugs: Using antibiotics, painkillers ... for a long time, not prescribed by a doctor will create toxins for the liver.
- Environmental pollution: Smoke, air pollution greatly affect liver function.
- Age, comorbidities: Advanced age causes impaired liver and kidney function; or suffer from high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, lipid disorders ...
The common symptoms of liver dysfunction
- Jaundice: A typical symptom of liver dysfunction. The skin is usually yellow, the whites of the eyes also turn yellow. The reason is that the concentration of Bilirubin in the blood increases, flowing into the tissues of the skin and eyes, the liver is damaged so it cannot be processed.
-. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...