What Is Special About Correcting Refractive Errors Without Surgery With Ortho-k Contact Lenses?
Currently, orthopedic adjustment without surgery Ortho-K is the method many parents and young people care about because of its outstanding advantages and especially not "lasik surgery". . So, what is special about this method, which is safe for the user, and where to choose the best quality Ortho-K glasses? Please refer to the following article for more useful information!
What is Ortho-K? How does Ortho-K correct refractive errors?
Ortho-K is the treatment for refractive errors (near-vision - astigmatism) without surgery and is trusted by many customers today. This is a special type of hard absorbent hard contact lenses designed to temporarily correct cornea shape at night. Patients only need to wear glasses for 7 - 9 hours every night, the glasses will gently press on the center of the cornea to reduce refraction, so after waking up and taking off the glasses the next morning, the patients will be no longer close with 10/10 vision without the need for frame glasses.
Ortho-K is a special type of hard absorbent hard contact lenses designed to temporarily correct corneal shape at night.
Is Ortho-K really safe for users?
Ortho-K glasses have been granted quality certificates by the FDA (the US Food and Drug Administration) since 2002, allowing them to be used at any age, so they are very safe for users' health. In addition, the material of Ortho-K is Fluorosilicon acrylate polymer, which has very high air permeability, ensuring adequate oxygen supply to the eyes, which determines the health of the cornea
In particular, compared with Lasik surgery, the use of Ortho-K glasses is considered to be safer because this method only externally, not invasive or directly interferes with the cornea.
Because, during Lasik surgery, some complications can occur although this rate is very small such as flap deviation - corneal flap flipped upwards, cut flap shorter than intended, cut flap, cut flap too thin or too thick to cause eye damage. In addition, after Lasik surgery, the density of corneal nerve and corneal cell density decreases, making the ability of the eye feel impaired.
Ortho-K's material is Fluorosilicon acrylate polymer, which has very high air permeability, ensuring adequate oxygen supply to the eyes, a factor determining corneal health.
Besides, after refractive surgery, patients need to have time to rest and abstain from activities in order to quickly recover their eyes. As for Ortho-K glasses, all you need to do is wear glasses before going to bed every night and remove them the next morning, eyesight will be improved to the maximum.
However, there are many places on the market offering Ortho-K glasses, it is important to choose a reputable address, provide standard Ortho-K glasses, be carefully examined and eyed, accurate pre and post glass test to ensure the most effective correction of refractive errors.
Who is eligible to use Ortho-K glasses?
- People with refractive errors (nearsightedness below 10 Diop, astigmatism less than 3 Diop)
- Children are increasing in the process of development.
- People with refractive errors have low vision correction glasses or refractive differences.
- People who have difficulty or discomfort when wearing normal eyeglass frames / contact lenses during the day.
Flight attendants are the right job to use Ortho-K to correct refractive errors
- People who play sports or work in a dusty environment.
- People who do the work requires no glasses like pilots, flight attendants and athletes.
- Not old enough for surgery or do not want refractive surgery.
Great advantages of Ortho-K contact lenses
Ortho-K glasses have 2 great uses that normal glasses do not. That is:
- Correct refractive errors, mainly nearsightedness (without or with astigmatism).
In some cases, Ortho-K may also be used to treat presbyopia.
- Slowing the myopia progression in children. For subjects under 18 years of age, Ortho-K works not to increase myopia safely and effectively.
- Vision improves after only 1 day, a few days or weeks after using glasses depending on each person's eye condition.
- No need to wear frames or contact lenses all day.
- Comfortable activities fun, sports, entertainment.
Besides, the treatment of refractive errors with Ortho-K glasses also has advantages compared to near-sighted surgery such as non-invasive or intervention to remove cells and tissue of the cornea, so it is very safe for people. Use without worrying about complications.
How long will Ortho-K wear effectively?
The glass is effective after 1 to 4 weeks of use. However, some cases require longer treatment periods, especially those with near-sightedness or high-grade disorder.
To maintain the best treatment results, wear Ortho-K glasses every night.
Medical procedure and Ortho-K glasses
Step 1: Prepare
Check eye health, contraindicated with Ortho-K glasses
Step 2: Measure and examine your eyesight
- Measuring glass refractometry, determining corneal curvature and refraction (near, far, chaotic)
- Choose wool Or. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...