What Kind Of Medical Equipment Should A Person With Diabetes Have?
Diabetes (diabetes) is a chronic disease and needs to be treated for life, to achieve good results, the patient desperately needs the support of some medical equipment.
Personal blood glucose meter
- Diabetes target of diabetes before meals is between 3.9-7.2 mmol / l and after meals (2 hours) is less than 10 mmol / l. This is considered a safe blood sugar area to avoid complications of diabetes.
However, when the blood sugar is outside the upper range (eg 8.0 - 15.0 mmol / l), many patients also do not see any special symptoms
0mmol / l.
- Patients with newly diagnosed diabetes, high blood sugar or newly changed treatment regimen should measure blood sugar 2-4 times / day. When your blood sugar is well controlled, you need to measure it at least twice a week.
Note that when sick, fever or diarrhea ... people with diabetes need to measure blood sugar more often
- There are many different types of personal blood glucose meters on the market. In order to have a good device and high accuracy, diabetics must pay attention to choosing gauges from reputable companies (ISO standards), representative offices in Vietnam and the machines must be fully warranted. lifetime.
It is best to consult with your treating physician about which device is appropriate. Do not buy "portable" blood glucose meters because the quality is not guaranteed and it is difficult to buy test strips later.
A blood test or a urine test strip
(Patients with type 1 diabetes or type 2 diabetes patients with poor blood sugar control need a tole test):
- In people with too high blood sugar will produce ketones, high concentrations of ketones in the blood can cause severe acidosis and coma. Therefore, if blood glucose is above 15.0 mmol / l, it is necessary to measure blood glucose, if blood sugar is high, need more aggressive treatment or consult a doctor immediately.
A personal blood glucose meter can now be used to measure blood flow (but with a separate test strip).
- Another, simpler but less accurate method is to quantify the ureter in urine by using a dipstick in the urine and estimating how much or not the ureter is based on the degree of discoloration.
- There are many reasons people with diabetes should have a home blood pressure monitor. First, according to studies, over 60% of diabetics have hypertension and it is the hypertension itself that is an important cause of death as well as promotes kidney failure and blindness in diabetics.
The other reason is that hypertension in diabetics is difficult to control, even when 2-3 antihypertensive drugs are used. Finally, due to hypertension, even very high rise, there is often little manifestation, so if not measured, it is easy to overlook.
- There are many types of blood pressure monitors for diabetics to choose. In addition to the type of blood pressure meter as a physician, there is also an electronic (automatic) device that measures arterial blood pressure at the wrist, which is very simple and convenient.
Another is a semi-automatic machine that also measures arm arterial blood pressure but has a table showing the measurements. Types of automatic and semi-automatic meters also indicate the heart rate and have the ability to store a few dozen measurements.
- Patients with hypertension should measure blood pressure at least 2 times / day, in the morning and afternoon. In addition, they should also take additional measurements when headache, dizziness ... or when suspected high blood pressure.
- High blood sugar will inhibit the activity of the immune system in the body.
Plus the cardiovascular, neurological, eye complications ... makes people with diabetes very susceptible to infections, including serious infections such as tuberculosis, pneumonia, leg ulcers, sepsis. Patients who are elderly or have many complications will have a very poor and quiet reaction to the infection.
Therefore, if you see persistent coughing, urination, urination or have a small ulcer in your leg or simply look at abnormally long high blood sugar, you should immediately check to see if you are infected. . The easiest way is to take a thermometer to see if you have a fever.
. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- The World Health Organization has warned of an antibiotic crisis, meaning that antibiotics will become more and more useless due to drug-resistant bacteria. We could soon run out of all new antibiotics and start dying from infections that we learned to treat 100 years ago. The catastrophe could be ...According to Assoc. Dr. Tran Dac Phu, complicated changes of pathogens caused by viruses and bacteria are the cause of many diseases (especially in the summer) in many countries, including Vietnam. Mr. Phu shared, besides the diseases that have been eliminated, such as smallpox, polio, neonatal ...According to Assoc. On the one hand, acknowledging the results achieved in the prevention of epidemics in Vietnam over the past time, Mr. Tran Dac Phu still expressed his concern about the constant change of viruses and bacteria, especially in summer time. Hot weather combined with other factors ...Avoid going outdoors when the sun is hot in the middle of the day, trying to drink enough water with little other feeling, wear anti-glare glasses ... are things the elderly should pay attention to during the dry season to limit the risk of stroke. Lan Lan () Lan Lan () According to the search key: ...80% of the population suffers from life back problems, low back pain is the most common cause of disability in the world. Le Nguyen (Theo Visually) According to theNew US research shows that divorced people are at a higher risk of heart attack than groups of the same age who are maintaining marriage. Photo: BBC. The study, published in the journal Circulation, argues that the chronic stress caused by divorce has long-term effects on a person's overall health. ...Passive smoking increases the risk of gum disease by 62%, according to new research by the University of North Carolina scientists. The above results are drawn after analyzing the medical records of more than 3,000 non-smokers aged 20. Volunteers are given oral examination and blood samples are ...Scientists have taken breathing air samples from hundreds of patients to analyze the chemical integration, helping to detect the potential risk of stomach cancer. Stomach cancer can be detected early through the breath. Photo: BBC. According to the BBC, stomach cancer affects about 7,300 people in ...Avoid spicy and sour foods until the sores heal. You can rinse your mouth with warm, thin salt water 2 times a day. An oral ulcer can be a manifestation of many diseases such as canker sores (often referred to as canker sores), ulcers caused by the herpes virus, ulcers caused by bacteria that cause ...Sunstroke, boils, diarrhea, malaria ... are children's diseases that can be encountered in the summer and you can completely help prevent them in a number of simple and effective ways. Sun stroke Summer can be great for kids because it's not learning and just having fun makes them excited. Children ...