What To Do When A Child Choked Milk?
Babies choking milk, the cause is often the mother or child care for children to suck, eat in the wrong position or because the pacifier bottle has too wide openings (in babies, they have to suck bottles) ...
In a lying position, food easily gets into the airway, causing cyanosis and apnea. If not given first aid, children are vulnerable to death.
Management when children choke milk
When a child chokes, milk can flow into the trachea, even into the alveoli, clogging the airways or obstructing gas exchange between the alveoli and capillaries, leading to death from lack of oxygen. Therefore parents or family members need first aid immediately before being taken to the hospital.
- If the child chokes, the person becomes pale
. but right after that it becomes ruddy, crying, playing, there are 2 possibilities: The foreign body has been ejected or floated down the trachea.
The appropriate solution now is to try to keep the child still, do not interfere, just pick the child up so that the object does not go backwards, then take it to the doctor immediately.
- In the case of prolonged cyanosis, apnea may be stopped, the babysitter must place the child on his stomach, his head down on one arm.
Use the other palm of your hand to slap the baby 5 times in the back (between the shoulder blades) to increase pressure in the chest to expel the object.
If the child is still short of breath, cyanotic, place the child on his back on a hard surface, press firmly with the index and middle fingers on the lower half of the sternum. If the child still does not breathe, repeat up to 10 times
- For children with signs of apnea, it is possible to combine the above measures with asphyxiation: sucking the child's nose and mouth until the chest is slightly protruding.
After the first aid, even if the child is ruddy again, they must be taken to the hospital for doctors to check if there are any foreign objects.
Prevention of choking milk in children
- Do not breastfeed while sleeping.
- Do not joke with children while sucking, causing children to laugh and choke
- When feeding, you should hold the baby with a high head, in a comfortable position, not to bend or tilt the neck too much (folding the neck will cause difficulty swallowing, while facing the neck, it is easy to choke milk on the nose).
Must feed the baby slowly, not in a hurry, especially for the baby is weak, premature. At night, if you want to feed your baby, the mother should sit up neatly, pick her up with her hands in a comfortable position, then start breastfeeding.
- When a child coughs or cries, stop feeding immediately, not letting the milk keep flowing into the baby's mouth.
- If breast milk drops too much and the baby cannot swallow, the mother can use two fingers to pinch the nipple again to prevent milk from falling down.
- For children who are not breast-feeding, bottle-feeding should be noted that the nipple should not be too wide, preferably 1-2 holes with a needle tip on the side of the nipple.
When feeding, the bottle should be tilted about 45 degrees to flood the milk, the baby does not suck much air, leading to vomiting after meals.
When you have to use the spoon to pour milk into the baby's mouth, need to pour slowly, when the child swallows, then pour another spoon, not in a hurry, to avoid spilling even into the child's nose. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- The World Health Organization has warned of an antibiotic crisis, meaning that antibiotics will become more and more useless due to drug-resistant bacteria. We could soon run out of all new antibiotics and start dying from infections that we learned to treat 100 years ago. The catastrophe could be ...According to Assoc. Dr. Tran Dac Phu, complicated changes of pathogens caused by viruses and bacteria are the cause of many diseases (especially in the summer) in many countries, including Vietnam. Mr. Phu shared, besides the diseases that have been eliminated, such as smallpox, polio, neonatal ...According to Assoc. On the one hand, acknowledging the results achieved in the prevention of epidemics in Vietnam over the past time, Mr. Tran Dac Phu still expressed his concern about the constant change of viruses and bacteria, especially in summer time. Hot weather combined with other factors ...Avoid going outdoors when the sun is hot in the middle of the day, trying to drink enough water with little other feeling, wear anti-glare glasses ... are things the elderly should pay attention to during the dry season to limit the risk of stroke. Lan Lan () Lan Lan () According to the search key: ...80% of the population suffers from life back problems, low back pain is the most common cause of disability in the world. Le Nguyen (Theo Visually) According to theNew US research shows that divorced people are at a higher risk of heart attack than groups of the same age who are maintaining marriage. Photo: BBC. The study, published in the journal Circulation, argues that the chronic stress caused by divorce has long-term effects on a person's overall health. ...Passive smoking increases the risk of gum disease by 62%, according to new research by the University of North Carolina scientists. The above results are drawn after analyzing the medical records of more than 3,000 non-smokers aged 20. Volunteers are given oral examination and blood samples are ...Scientists have taken breathing air samples from hundreds of patients to analyze the chemical integration, helping to detect the potential risk of stomach cancer. Stomach cancer can be detected early through the breath. Photo: BBC. According to the BBC, stomach cancer affects about 7,300 people in ...Avoid spicy and sour foods until the sores heal. You can rinse your mouth with warm, thin salt water 2 times a day. An oral ulcer can be a manifestation of many diseases such as canker sores (often referred to as canker sores), ulcers caused by the herpes virus, ulcers caused by bacteria that cause ...Sunstroke, boils, diarrhea, malaria ... are children's diseases that can be encountered in the summer and you can completely help prevent them in a number of simple and effective ways. Sun stroke Summer can be great for kids because it's not learning and just having fun makes them excited. Children ...