When To Tonsillectomy?
Tonsillitis is a very common disease, leading the throat disease. The disease can progress acutely or chronic, especially very recurrent and can cause dangerous complications for the patient. However, it is not always a case of having tonsillectomy.
Mr. Nguyen Thanh Cong (Go Vap, HCMC) had a sore throat but did not go to the doctor but bought medicine on his own
When to cut
Phuc said that the tonsils are a lymphatic organization located on the sides of the throat, have the immune function, against the invasion of bacteria, increase resistance to help protect the upper respiratory tract, against agents. cause infection. The tonsils also produce IgG antibodies, which are essential for the immune system. Therefore, amputation is not a problem. When the tonsils become inflamed, the first thing to do is treat them as directed by your doctor. The International Organization for Ear, Nose and Throat has set out the following criteria as a basis to consider whether or not tonsillectomy should be removed:
- Patients with acute tonsillitis 3 times / year or more.
- Enlarged tonsils cause airway obstruction, snoring, sleep apnea, pronounced abnormalities
- Abscess of tonsils.
- Spitting out pusy, smelly pus.
- Tonsillitis causes other complications.
However, in some cases the patient will not be indicated for tonsillectomy, such as: the patient is suffering from additional medical conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, coagulopathy, pregnant women ... In this case, the patient needs to complete treatment for the acquired disease before proceeding with tonsillectomy.
When to tonsillectomy?
CK2 Vo Quang Phuc - Deputy Director of Ho Chi Minh City Nose Hospital HCM
Complications may be encountered after surgery
Like other surgeries, tonsillectomy can also lead to potential complications, even if done using modern methods. One of the most common complications after tonsillectomy is the bleeding of the patient, including early bleeding (within 24 hours) and late bleeding (after 24 to 7 days).
According to Dr. Phuc, after the surgery, if you see a lot of fresh blood every time, fast pulse, feeling short of breath, the patient should go to the hospital immediately to be examined and treated by the doctor in a timely manner, not arbitrarily use medicine or self-cure at home.
The problem of care after tonsillectomy is very important. By that time, the patient's body is often tired, weak, painful, including susceptible to infections and affecting the voice if not cleverly preserved. Advice from ENT specialists for patients after tonsillectomy:
- Lie on your side, if there is anything in your mouth, gently push your tongue out. To avoid bleeding wounds, limit spitting.
- Eat foods that are thin, cold, and not sour, spicy, or hot during the first 10 days.
- When tonsillectomy in particular and otorhinolaryngology in general, should not fly for a month. Because of a sudden change in pressure when the aircraft lands, the tonsillectomy will bleed.
- Do not speak too loud, scream.
- You can go to work after 1-2 days of rest.
- Eat enough nutrients.
- Rinse mouth gently to avoid bleeding wounds..
. Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...